New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 78 of 138 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    I just had my E serviced for the 10k PMS and i paid almost 10k din. full synthetic. same din ba sa inyo? or mahal ung singil sa akin?
    warning din sa mga E na nagpalit ng G mags. dapat daw pati ung wheel studs e palitan din kase ung E studs e hindi compatible sa G mags.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjornology View Post
    I just had my E serviced for the 10k PMS and i paid almost 10k din. full synthetic. same din ba sa inyo? or mahal ung singil sa akin?
    warning din sa mga E na nagpalit ng G mags. dapat daw pati ung wheel studs e palitan din kase ung E studs e hindi compatible sa G mags.
    My 10K service cost me 4,100+, using mineral based oil. If i used synthetic it'll hit around 8K i'd assume. Always double check the list as they tend to add on non-essentials like engine flush, decarbonizing, and treatments.

There's a different bolt for the Toyota alloy rims. I got mine for free from the store when i purchased my 20 inch rims.

At improving the ride, changing the shocks is usually the first step. If you have the budget, replacing the springs and leaf springs to an aftermarket set.

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    My 10K service cost me 4,100+, using mineral based oil. If i used synthetic it'll hit around 8K i'd assume. Always double check the list as they tend to add on non-essentials like engine flush, decarbonizing, and treatments.

There's a different bolt for the Toyota alloy rims. I got mine for free from the store when i purchased my 20 inch rims.

At improving the ride, changing the shocks is usually the first step. If you have the budget, replacing the springs and leaf springs to an aftermarket set.
    SOP ba yan sir magpalit ng stud kahit sa ibang shop?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redreiko View Post
    Ako change bolts rin, from stock E rims to OEM Mags. Didn't come free, may discount lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redreiko View Post
    It's not the stud that has to be changed. It's just the nut/bolt/lugs.

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    It's not the stud that has to be changed. It's just the nut/bolt/lugs.
    ayun. kasi usually nakikita kong post ng mags with and/or without lugnuts, kaya akala ko pati yung stud ng oem.
    ipon mode pa ako ng fj or fortuner oem mags, or pag natuloy mag upgrade yung pinsan ko saluhin ko yung 2014 fortuner mags niya.
    ipa repaint ko na lang to black/gunmetal.

7. Join Date
    May 2016

Damn! sayang din ung 2k. almost full tank sana. yes, sir. you are right. may mga nilagay na engine flush and treatments plus check and linis ng brakes daw. buying the studs will cost you 3k din pag sa casa. may mga nabibili naman cguro sa labas na will not cost that much.

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjornology View Post
    Damn! sayang din ung 2k. almost full tank sana. yes, sir. you are right. may mga nilagay na engine flush and treatments plus check and linis ng brakes daw. buying the studs will cost you 3k din pag sa casa. may mga nabibili naman cguro sa labas na will not cost that much.
    sorry, i meant nuts pala not studs.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    for E users, it might be possible that we must change the STUDS if we change from steel rims to OEM rims. Because the thread that will hold the BOLTS might be too short and will eventually loose thread. But, try to measure and compare the thread by inserting back the steel rims and then the OEM G rims for comparison.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by toto a. View Post
    for E users, it might be possible that we must change the STUDS if we change from steel rims to OEM rims. Because the thread that will hold the BOLTS might be too short and will eventually loose thread. But, try to measure and compare the thread by inserting back the steel rims and then the OEM G rims for comparison.
    The bolts for a steel rim and bolts for an alloy rim are different mainly due to the offset and center hub mount design differences. The OEM Toyota alloy rim have deep bolt designs to allow the rim and bolt to mount properly as the hubs of the alloy rims are wider and deeper, versus the steel rim which is usually flush with the center hub surface.

Toyota alloy rim lugs: (Note the short one is for vehicles such as the Vios while the larger one is used on SUVs, AUVs and vans)

Steel rim lugs:

Last edited by vinj; December 13th, 2016 at 01:04 PM.