New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 138 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    I guess you dont need the pick up bed. Matagtag yan. Rav 4 na or other suv
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    If you live or work in a major cbd you should consider the parking difficulty of a pickup. Its more than 2 feet longer than a RAV4. The suv is more than safe enough in an normal accident.

I remember seeing a picture of a ranger getting sandwiched between 2 trucks in a pile up. The cabin was completely intact. Other than a bruise from the airbag, the driver was fine. A hilux would hold up just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reason why i like the hilux is at its price point of 1.2xx is the tech stuff, torque, its a diesel also the pickup bed is readily available if needed.

While the rav4; comfort wise since I'll always do long drives twice a week and working in a cbd, its a CUV, 4 wheel disc brake etc.

Though I've checked some of the competitions but really narrowed it down with this 2. But if i can wait for the 2016 fort i might but * 1.4xx for the G A/T? I'll be breaking the bank!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Montero or mux na base variant. Give it a try. 100+k ang discount for montero. Sa mux meron din pero mas maliit discount

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the needs, seems like the RAV4 is more apt if comfort is high on your list.

I drive the Hilux daily (i work in the CBD and on weekends, we go home to the province). Generally it's okay with me but it is long so i maximize the parking slot to keep the nose from sticking out.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    any advice for first time hilux buyer? looking for value more than anything...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Montero or mux na base variant. Give it a try. 100+k ang discount for montero. Sa mux meron din pero mas maliit discount
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    From the needs, seems like the RAV4 is more apt if comfort is high on your list.

I drive the Hilux daily (i work in the CBD and on weekends, we go home to the province). Generally it's okay with me but it is long so i maximize the parking slot to keep the nose from sticking out.
    *dct yes i've also considered the outgoing montero gls v, but wasn't really into it same with the Mux.

*vinj how's the ride sir? Is it really matatag or tolerable naman? Also if incase i get the hilux I need to get use with the bed & will definitely put a bed liner and roller lid to put bags etc. to avoid prying eyes.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ramiel17 View Post
    *vinj how's the ride sir? Is it really matatag or tolerable naman? Also if incase i get the hilux I need to get use with the bed & will definitely put a bed liner and roller lid to put bags etc. to avoid prying eyes.

The ride is firm and the rebound of the suspension is very well controlled (meaning when you hit humps and dips on the road, the bound/rebound remains controlled). Ride quality can border on harsh when you get on poor pavement (concrete notably). It is okay with me as i'm generally used to it but I'm sure others will find it unacceptable. Still need to determine if/what shock upgrade will help.

A roller lid tends to leak so in my case, i used the budget to instead for Carryboy soft lid (Canvass), bedliner, and i have a Carryboy lockable box inside. The lockable box can take a few bags and a small travel suitcase.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The ride is firm and the rebound of the suspension is very well controlled (meaning when you hit humps and dips on the road, the bound/rebound remains controlled). Ride quality can border on harsh when you get on poor pavement (concrete notably). It is okay with me as i'm generally used to it but I'm sure others will find it unacceptable. Still need to determine if/what shock upgrade will help.

A roller lid tends to leak so in my case, i used the budget to instead for Carryboy soft lid (Canvass), bedliner, and i have a Carryboy lockable box inside. The lockable box can take a few bags and a small travel suitcase.
    Sir where did you bought carryboy soft lid, bed liner & lockable box and hw much it cost you? Was also planning to do the same upgrade. Then will leave the rest of the truck in stock mode.

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir where did you bought carryboy soft lid, bed liner & lockable box and hw much it cost you? Was also planning to do the same upgrade. Then will leave the rest of the truck in stock mode.

Thanks!

Soft lid and drop-in bedliner from Carryboy BGC branch. The box I bought second hand from olx. You can also check out Maxliner (Outdoors Club Green hills) for their drop-in liner and Maxbox. They have an FB page.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *vinj Sir if you don't mind how much is the soft lid? Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *vinj Sir if you don't mind how much is the soft lid? Thanks!

Not at all. 14K for the soft cover, 8K for the bedliner.