New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 87 of 138 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokedmd View Post
    Gonna get my Hilux in 2 weeks. Tagal daw LTO eh. Hahaha.

Was at Concept One Wheels, just looking around. Question... Pag nag palit ng rims and tyres, that means I have to replace the spare as well. Yung aftermarket ba na rims kakasya sa carriage ng spare underneath the truck?What considerations do I have to factor in? I drive far, where there is no vulcanizing for a couple of hundred km.
    You don't really need to have exactly the same rim/tire as a spare. You just need a rim/tire combo that is also the same diameter as the 4 on the truck. The offset of the rim would also have to be the same for stability.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    You don't really need to have exactly the same rim/tire as a spare. You just need a rim/tire combo that is also the same diameter as the 4 on the truck. The offset of the rim would also have to be the same for stability.
    Yun lang problema sir. Hilux E kinuha ko so steel rims lang talaga, at malayo sizing dun sa mga aftermarket wheels.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yun lang problema sir. Hilux E kinuha ko so steel rims lang talaga, at malayo sizing dun sa mga aftermarket wheels.
    You can still use the steel spare and get the same diameter as the 4 wheels, although most likely the offset will be more negative for the 4 wheels.

For me unless you have 5 identical rims you can keep in rotation as they wear out, sayang lang yung magandang tire as a spare. In my pickup I've run 70Tkm+ and I've only gotten a flat 3x. Naluma lang yung spare tire, had to replace it with a new one. Unless ok lang sa yo isama sa rotation ibang itsura na rim na same din ng specs.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    You can still use the steel spare and get the same diameter as the 4 wheels, although most likely the offset will be more negative for the 4 wheels.

For me unless you have 5 identical rims you can keep in rotation as they wear out, sayang lang yung magandang tire as a spare. In my pickup I've run 70Tkm+ and I've only gotten a flat 3x. Naluma lang yung spare tire, had to replace it with a new one. Unless ok lang sa yo isama sa rotation ibang itsura na rim na same din ng specs.
    Okay sir. So keep the spare rim and change the tire inner diameter na lang, right?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Okay sir. So keep the spare rim and change the tire inner diameter na lang, right?
    Di na issue aspect ratio and width if spare lang naman?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, for example if your 4 tires are 265/50r20, it is the same diameter as 245/75r16, which you can use on the steel rim. Having the same overall diameter tire won't damage the differential if you use it on the rear axle.

But of course it is better to have a spare that is the same as the rest for stability and consistent grip.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Treat the spare as a donut. Only use it until you vulcanize the punctured tire.

Even if you want to waste your money on a spare tire that's also upsized, most tire shops don't sell rims in sets of 5.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I drive far, where there is no vulcanizing for a couple of hundred km.

Buy a portable air compressor as well as a tire patch repair kit ... also drive slower and more carefully when using the spare tire ...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Yup, for example if your 4 tires are 265/50r20, it is the same diameter as 245/75r16, which you can use on the steel rim. Having the same overall diameter tire won't damage the differential if you use it on the rear axle.

But of course it is better to have a spare that is the same as the rest for stability and consistent grip.
    Here come the numbers. Hahaha. The E comes with a 225/50 R17 steel wheel. The G comes with a 265/65 R17. If trading to G wheels or slightly bigger, do I still change the tires on the spare E steel rim?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2810688
    Buy a portable air compressor as well as a tire patch repair kit ... also drive slower and more carefully when using the spare tire ...
    maybe not the patch-type repair kit, as that'll require dismounting the tire from the rim. very, very difficult without power tools.
    mebbe the "tusok"-type repair kit.
    also, you might consider a second spare tire in your vehicle.