New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 86 of 138 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwordplay View Post
    My dealer offered free V Kool with only the standard visor at the windshield. Then I just had the full front done outside casa for 2k (V Kool). It handles heat much better compared to 3M in my experience.
    There is like 4 vkool tint grade. May cheap entry level i think its the K series and the expensive premium grade which are the VK series. I think, the term vkool is characterized by some na "premium" na agad and beats all but as mentioned please do check. Afterall, kahit ung premium vkools doesnt say or have any visible signs or markings na "premium" grade sya. One way to check is to look on the tint roll. Usually dun nakalagay which series it is.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Entry level V-Kool is the OEM series, then K series, X series and finally VK series ... all are much better compared to equivalent 3M tint ...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokedmd View Post
    It is going to come with Platinum tints. Didnt see very good reviews on another thread. But that was 2 years ago. I wonder kung ganun pa din, and what are my other options.
    People say all VKool tints > 3M tints, which I don't really agree with.

The 3M FX-ST that comes standard with some cars from the casa is more or less the same level as VKool's OEM series. I wouldn't remove my 3M tint to replace with VKool OEM.

Likewise, 3M BC is more or less the same performance as VKool K-series. Both have much better heat rejection than FX-ST and OEM, at the expense of ugly aesthetics because of the reflective tint.

3M Crystalline and VKool VK-series are the highest-end clear tints, and spec-wise, the VK is superior to 3M.

My advice? If you get free wraparound Platinum tints (including full windshield), then try it out. If you're satisfied, then good. If not, you can try VKool. OEM is 5.5k, K-series is 8k, VK is 37k.

If you only get wraparound but not full windshield, then try to negotiate free full windshield from the casa. You can also try to get a free upgrade from the casa to 3M or Vkool, some of them do that, then just pay for the additional windshield tint.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Dami din pala copy na rims Katakot tuloy bumili. May reputable dealers ba na suggested?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Beg to differ on that ... there is noticeable difference between the 3M that came installed with the vehicle and the V-Kool OEM on another vehicle ... difference in heat rejection and clarity ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Clarity depends on the VLT rating of the tint. Heat rejection of the tint will only get you so far. It is your car's aircon that will do the cooling. My friend's car has no tint pero malamig pa rin dahil sa car aircon nya.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Beg to differ on that ... there is noticeable difference between the 3M that came installed with the vehicle and the V-Kool OEM on another vehicle ... difference in heat rejection and clarity ...
    I've had cars with 3M FX-ST, Vkool OEM, Vkool K, VKool VK, and no tint.

Main difference of FXST and OEM is that OEM is slightly green-ish. TSER might be slightly better though not to the point that it's a big difference.

As red_one said, aircon matters more. My Altis with no tint cools much quicker than my Mazda 3 with VKool OEM, simply because the Altis has much better airconditioning.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Dami din pala copy na rims Katakot tuloy bumili. May reputable dealers ba na suggested?
    All OEM-style rims are "copies" - these are copied from OEM designs but produced in larger sizes.

My current rims are Lexus OEM copies, but I've driven them for over 50,000 km including track days, and the rims are holding up just as well as OEM rims.

Again, Ben's OK for the best tire shop in Banawe.

If you wanna stay factory OEM, your only option is to get 18" rims from the Fortuner, which is pretty easy since many Fortuner owners trade in their stock rims.

Last edited by jut703; March 10th, 2017 at 10:54 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Gonna get my Hilux in 2 weeks. Tagal daw LTO eh. Hahaha.

Was at Concept One Wheels, just looking around. Question... Pag nag palit ng rims and tyres, that means I have to replace the spare as well. Yung aftermarket ba na rims kakasya sa carriage ng spare underneath the truck?What considerations do I have to factor in? I drive far, where there is no vulcanizing for a couple of hundred km.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gonna get my Hilux in 2 weeks. Tagal daw LTO eh. Hahaha.

Was at Concept One Wheels, just looking around. Question... Pag nag palit ng rims and tyres, that means I have to replace the spare as well. Yung aftermarket ba na rims kakasya sa carriage ng spare underneath the truck?What considerations do I have to factor in? I drive far, where there is no vulcanizing for a couple of hundred km.
    did you get proof of registration application?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app