New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    It'll be interesting to compare what Nissan's warranty is on the battery of the Kicks as compared to what's on the Corolla Cross HEV.

Prices on replacement batteries will be interesting too, as I'm sure you can cop these at the casa only for the first several years.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    It'll be interesting to compare what Nissan's warranty is on the battery of the Kicks as compared to what's on the Corolla Cross HEV.

Prices on replacement batteries will be interesting too, as I'm sure you can cop these at the casa only for the first several years.
    as per this article.

for those concerned about the high-voltage battery, the 2.06-kWh lithium-ion battery is guaranteed to last the life of the Kicks e-Power (although it comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind).
    I think battery only becomes an issue when the Cross and Kicks reaches 15+ years.

I really hope Toyota and Nissan has a program to recycle both cars.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    as per this article.

I think battery only becomes an issue when the Cross and Kicks reaches 15+ years.

I really hope Toyota and Nissan has a program to recycle both cars.
    Nissan has had that reuse/repurpose for their EV car batteries to be used for battery energy storage for home for a while already. For Toyota I have no idea. I doubt they have in house or sister company that does similar to Nissan but I would assume they are contracting or selling them to a third party to do with what they want. Just a guess

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sa US Toyota is partnered along with Tesla with Redwood Materials for EV battery recycling. Ewan ko lang kung paano sa Asia/Oceania.

For production their cells are co-developed with Panasonic and built either in-house or with CATL, along with everybody else.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^yun nga eh...

palaging may recycling program sa Western Countries

dito sa atin, for sure magkakaroon yan in 5-10 years... kasi pwede naman talaga gawan ng paraan yung batteries (just search for YouTube)

pero may battery pa din na itatapon hanggat wala tayong proper recycling program. itatapon nanaman ito sa landfills

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sayang. Kasi pwede talaga recover yung laman ng battery para magamit ulit.. yan kulang saten eh recycling facility.. yung maayos ha. Dami pa naman junk shop

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    naalala ko nung nasa PUV business pa parents ko (90's).

yung old batteries binibili ng shop para "recycle"

1st scenario - 1-2 plates lang sira. napapalitan nila ng "pwede pang" plates from another battery tapos benta nila as 2nd hand
    2nd scenario - sirang sira na. yung plastic, nabebenta nila para gawing timba. mas mahal bili nila sa white battery kasi pwede gawing kahit anong kulay. yung colored, hanggang black na timba lang talaga.

in both cases. may itatapon silang lumang plate sa basurahan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    naalala ko nung nasa PUV business pa parents ko (90's).

yung old batteries binibili ng shop para "recycle"

1st scenario - 1-2 plates lang sira. napapalitan nila ng "pwede pang" plates from another battery tapos benta nila as 2nd hand
    2nd scenario - sirang sira na. yung plastic, nabebenta nila para gawing timba. mas mahal bili nila sa white battery kasi pwede gawing kahit anong kulay. yung colored, hanggang black na timba lang talaga.

in both cases. may itatapon silang lumang plate sa basurahan.
    back in the day,
    we would save a few hundred bucks, by having our new batteries assembled by this guy, instead of buying from motolite. he says he uses motolite-sourced components.

don't somebody buy those old plates, for recycling?

do they still operate that (lead?) smelting plant along nlex?
    driving southward at night, around past guagua (yata?), kitang kita sa left side, yung dull red glow of the smelter...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013