New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical-One View Post
    totally true. here in Japan we hardly see/buy diesels.
    in the Phils., it is all opposite that'S why the pollution is way terrible.
    Because here in the phil. diesel is the preferred fuel for our mass transportation (Jeepney) and delivery services.
    The government will always try to appease the masses and their transportation preference including finding ways to lower the price of diesel. Also a reason why diesel variant of cars/SUVs are more popular here.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    pollution control isn't cheap.
    i think the covid has given us the opportunity to see roads with less pollution...
    didn't we like what we saw?

now,
    if government goes out of its way to make diesel fuel and diesel vehicles more expensive to use and operate...
    bili na siguro tayo ng vvti innova...
    heh heh.
    Bili na rin ng fortuner 2.7 vvti heheheh

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    I'm planning to get this car, would it be worth it to go for the Hybrid? Other consideration is the HR-V and CX-3, can't get a car bigger that 1800mm since medyo masikip na sa garahe, the cross is just a tad bigger so it was added on my choices.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DemetrioCochon View Post
    I'm planning to get this car, would it be worth it to go for the Hybrid? Other consideration is the HR-V and CX-3, can't get a car bigger that 1800mm since medyo masikip na sa garahe, the cross is just a tad bigger so it was added on my choices.
    Too much money for the hybrid, just go with the base model. Honestly though, the Geely Coolray has a lot more to offer at a lower price. It just happened to be not Toyota or Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    I liked the coolray at first, but i didn’t like na yung mga owners are always harping about it being a volvo although a bit true. Also not sure about the reliability, this car is for my wife and i’d rather be safe with an established brand.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DemetrioCochon View Post
    I liked the coolray at first, but i didn’t like na yung mga owners are always harping about it being a volvo although a bit true. Also not sure about the reliability, this car is for my wife and i’d rather be safe with an established brand.
    Geely owns Volvo and the Coolray uses the same platform as the Volvo XC40. It’s like VW using similar platforms for its brands (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda). The Coolray uses a newer engine that will find its way to the newer XC40 soon.

For less money, you can always buy your wife a Civic or Altis. These cars have proven to be reliable already. If you want to save a bit more, a City or Vios will do. If you have the extra money, you can always buy the Subaru XV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    any real world reviews na about this? looking at the G or either the hr-v E.

70% of the time only two people will be riding it, the other 30 it will be four

we are for durability and T badge, it will stay primarily in the mountains. not really interested in performance, i drove a 1.8L Corolla in a Guam-loop with four adults and found it adequate lol. are there any toyotas sharing the same 1.8L engine... i believe the Altis uses a 1.6L?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I am not a Toyota fan, but this I like, most especially the Hybrid.

***************** - 2021 Toyota Corolla Cross Review - Behind the Wheel | Facebook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical-One View Post
    totally true. here in Japan we hardly see/buy diesels.
    in the Phils., it is all opposite that'S why the pollution is way terrible.
    Petrol will be ideal, if it were cheap. Diesel is cheap here because it’s the fuel of choice used to transport goods & people which translate to a lower cost of living. Pollution is not as bad as it was in the early 2000s. You will occasionally see smoke belchers nowadays but, not as much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk