New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Toyota is confident that people will buy their products, particularly the general non-enthusiast car buyers. This isn't always the case though, the current Vios I believe, sold in lower numbers than the previous gen, glad they gave the 2020 Vios a facelift to clean up its face.

Looks like Toyota reacted to the criticism that they have boring cars, so they went wild with swoopy shapes, bulges etc.

Aside from the 86, the current Altis (aka Asian/European Corolla sedan) actually looks good.
    toyota numbers or design don't matter. they will eventually sell. crisis or not.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    It's crazy if that's the way they think, selling based on brand equity? For the times, they are a changin....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    It's coming!
    8/20/2020
    20200808_214919.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    It's crazy if that's the way they think, selling based on brand equity? For the times, they are a changin....
    That's pretty much the case since the 2000s (when their tech advancement slowed down) but they're slowly trying to make their products more exciting/interesting again (adding sportiness and actual sporty variants etc), specially in other markets where people are more aware of other competitive vehicles from other brands.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    The equity is maintained year on year. Just as the Corolla and Tamaraw were reliable vehicles in the 90s, the Vios and Innova are ultra-reliable vehicles in the 2000s - good durability, cheap parts, lasts forever, decent fuel consumption.

All these things sound boring but these are the most important factors for most car buyers.

Cars are appliances, no matter what car nuts says. Enthusiasts are just a miniscule amount of the market. Maingay lang sa internet.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    It's coming!
    8/20/2020
    20200808_214919.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Something interesting... the Corolla Cross' ground clearance is 161mm, 9mm less than the previous gen Swift 1.2.

- Specifications Corolla Cross - Toyota Motor Thailand

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Something interesting... the Corolla Cross' ground clearance is 161mm, 9mm less than the previous gen Swift 1.2.

whut ?!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017

To be fair though the 1.2 swift we received had the lifted suspension out of the indian market swift otherwise it would have had 140mm groundclearance as with the older 1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    whut ?!
    its essentially a crossover minus the cladding

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Based on the Thai prices, I assumed the Corolla Cross was positioned slightly higher than the Altis... then I noticed in one rear view photo, you could see what appears to be a torsion beam rear suspension (later confirmed it on the Thai Toyota website). The 2020 Altis has an independent multi-link rear suspension.

Front Suspension Macpherson Strut with Stabilizer
    Rear Suspension Torsion Beam with Stabilizer

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Kung hindi Lang Toyota ang tatak nito, malamang katay ito sa Territory, Ang sama ng tapalodo sa harap.