The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2007 Vios extended...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    pang tatay un design hehehe

wish they changed the back end a little bit more...altis na altis un design....parang facelift lng

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Just wait to see it in flesh. Nakita ko na ang new altis sa Dubai. Mas malaki sya sa current altis.Bebenta yan dito sa Pinas dahil Toyota yan.Baka maging best selling car pa yan dito.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Saw the new Corolla while i was in Macau a few weeks back.
    Ok naman siya, looks good but nothing breathtaking, the profile still looks to similar to the previous corolla. The Camry still looks better in terms of proportions and looks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Saw the new Corolla while i was in Macau a few weeks back.
    Ok naman siya, looks good but nothing breathtaking, the profile still looks to similar to the previous corolla. The Camry still looks better in terms of proportions and looks.
    The biggest improvement with the profile is the lower roofline.(they lowered the roofline and seats slightly and lenghtened the passenger cabin a bit)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ni-recycle ang front ng Camry at konting changes sa tail lights. parang wala masyadong pinagkaiba sa exterior compared to its predecessors..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The new ASEAN Corolla Altis will get old carry-over "ZZ" engines.

I fully expected that Toyota would go with the new Dual VVT-i engines. The 1.6 litre and 1.8 litre Dual VVT-i engines put out 124 hp and 140 hp respectively and would have offered better competition for the Honda Civic with its 140 hp 1.8 litre VTEC.

This would have been the logical way forward, so I thought. But it seems that Toyota sees no need to update the 7-year-old engine technology from the current Altis if a preview marketing pack I viewed today is to be believed. This means that the VVT-i 1.6 and 1.8 litre motors from the current line-up will remain. But producing 109 hp and 132 hp respectively compared to the current model at 110 and 136 hp.
    -bkkautos.com

For those wondering, there are rumors that TMP's figures of 116hp for the 1.6 and 145hp for the 1.8 are false, that they were (embarrassed?) take it back and correct it.
    I guess this explains why only TMP got those high horsepower figures while using the same engines found in other ASEAN market Altises..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    saw it in hk and macau recently, nothing breathtaking nga. styling is too conservative. sayang. oh well im sure madami pa rin bibili.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    saw it in hk and macau recently, nothing breathtaking nga. styling is too conservative. sayang. oh well im sure madami pa rin bibili.
    Looks good with the sporty mesh grill...
    The Taiwan market Corolla Altis 1.8 Z

The Altis Z looks similar to the USDM Corolla 1.8S...

...of course the USDM version has the new Dual-VVTi engine.

PS: All USDM Corollas in the official photos appear to have the mesh grill as standard.
    Based on the Altis photos from Taiwan, it has a Start/Stop button. I wonder if the ASEAN version will get this too?
    Last edited by AG4; January 2nd, 2008 at 04:17 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mas maganda ang elentra for me. mas kamukha ng new corolla ang new vios at may angle cya na kahugis sa honda city ipis style nuon.

All New Toyota Corolla