New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Australia, US and perhaps the rest of the world are getting this version of the Corolla while Japan has the Axio for themselves. The Euro Corolla is now called Auris, a round hatchback with no exterior resemblance to the sedan unlike before. They have 1.4 and 1.6-liter gasoline engines (no 1.8) and a range of diesels. They can be had with 6-speed manual or a robotized manual called Multi-mode. Japan has the 1.8 and partnered with a CVT. Unfortunately, other countries have to make do with a dated 4-speed auto, but the 2.4-liter version available Stateside comes with 5-speed auto. A 3.5-liter V6 (same as the Camry) is now available in the Japanese hatch version and likely to find its way in the US and Australia.
    So the Corolla's model offering in Europe is just like the Civic's.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The new Corolla Altis was recently launched in Taiwan...

Sporty Z model looks sharp... it looks similar to the US spec Corolla 1.8S

The new endorser?
    Orlando Bloom....

Based on initial info, the Taiwan built Corolla Altis will retain the old VVTi 1.6 and 1.8 liter engines instead of the new Dual-VVTi engines.
    These are the models:
    1.6J
    1.8J
    1.8E Basic
    1.8E Classic
    1.8E Deluxe
    1.8Z
    1.8G
    1.8V

Take note: RP spec Corolla Altis models will be from Thailand.
    Standby for updates if Thailand and the RP Altis will get the new Dual-VVTi engines or not...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I thought aalisin na nila yung 1.6 variant. Wala pa rin 2.0 sa Corolla.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Wow! Very stylish! The side view seems to be unchanged though... Sigurado next year din ilalabas yan... same with the Lancer EX. ^_^

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    what's with the "silver garnish" on the side doors, it looks like it was just placed there in the last minute. Looks to me like there's no connection with the overall design of the car....but hey it's just me

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    what's with the "silver garnish" on the side doors, it looks like it was just placed there in the last minute. Looks to me like there's no connection with the overall design of the car....but hey it's just me
    That side protection moulding/garnish isn't really part of the design... the Euro, Australian and USDM models don't have them...

Most car companies put extra chrome trim on China, Taiwan and ASEAN models to make them look classy... but sometimes they just end up looking cheap or tacky, in the new Corolla's case its not that bad(at least the one of the sporty Z is just plain body colored with no chrome), but i'd prefer to have a cleaner look without those side protection moulding/garnish like the Euro, Australian and USDM models.

I'm sure after a while people(at least the younger ones) will start removing those side protection mouldings/garnish on their new Altis... bye bye warranty?
    Last edited by AG4; December 29th, 2007 at 02:32 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    I thought aalisin na nila yung 1.6 variant. Wala pa rin 2.0 sa Corolla.
    The list of models above are for the Taiwan market Altis which use carry-over 1.6 and 1.8 liter engines from the previous gen Corolla Altis.

Currently there is still no official info on the recently previewed Thailand built ASEAN model that they will sell here. I just hope they use the Dual-VVTi engines on the Thai built Altis.
    I guess we'll find out next month.
    Last edited by AG4; December 29th, 2007 at 02:32 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good day Guys!My cousins friend told me that their New model of corolla will be released by February of 2008...share ko lang po!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    Isn't that a LED turn signal?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    di ko parin gusto ang design

All New Toyota Corolla