New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I checked various toyota sites. Sa US, Thailand & Indonesia, yung current model natin pa rin. Sa Australia, kamuka nitong nasa picture mo. Usually, pag meron na dito sa South East Asia, malapit na rin dumating sa atin.
    I believe it will be launched in South East Asia and North America early 2008.
    The USDM model will look similar bit will have a minor detail changes like the grill pattern and red & white taillights.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    correction.its hyundai who's the real copycat of design and technology.they've done it with they're cars looking like s-types,benzes and also japanese cars.suv that looks like touareg, q7 & cayenne.they cant produce something unique in theyre drawing boards & computers right from the start.engine technology inherited from the germans.thats the hyundai tradition.im getting goosebumps all the time!no offense to anybody.these are only my personal critical assessment.and i guess im right.corolla has been around since my childhood & for decades its still a corolla.box type, big body,love life, lexus genre.
    honda civic....its still the same old wedgy shape with diffrent headlights and taillights,front fascia etc with all honesty.ooops sorry no offense again.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The next-generation Toyota Corolla will be arriving early 2008 with an aggressive look and more powerful engines. Toyota hopes to compete with the new Honda Civic and Mazda3 and their high-performance variants.
    The base Corolla model will carry Toyota’s new 1.8 liter engine that produces 128 horsepower and 125 lb-ft. of torque. Toyota sources have confirmed that the next-generation Corolla will also be getting Camry’s 2.4 liter 158 horsepower engine matted with a 5-speed automatic.
    http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/08/06...et-aggressive/

Mabuti naman kung aalisin na nila yung 1.6 variant para naman bumilis kahit konti ang Corolla.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post

Mabuti naman kung aalisin na nila yung 1.6 variant para naman bumilis kahit konti ang Corolla.

ill take a 1.6 liter anytime.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post

By the way, that article is about the new USDM Corolla, and they never had a 1.6 liter model since the 8th gen. It looks like the 2.4 liter Corolla will only be for the US market.
    Teaser for the next USDM Toyota Matrix hatchback (based on the Auris/Blade)
    Last edited by AG4; September 29th, 2007 at 02:28 PM.

ok yung design trend ng toyota ngayon a.. parang small medium large yung vios corolla at camry.. hehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rufboxster View Post
    correction.its hyundai who's the real copycat of design and technology.they've done it with they're cars looking like s-types,benzes and also japanese cars.suv that looks like touareg, q7 & cayenne.they cant produce something unique in theyre drawing boards & computers right from the start.engine technology inherited from the germans.thats the hyundai tradition.im getting goosebumps all the time!no offense to anybody.these are only my personal critical assessment.and i guess im right.corolla has been around since my childhood & for decades its still a corolla.box type, big body,love life, lexus genre.
    honda civic....its still the same old wedgy shape with diffrent headlights and taillights,front fascia etc with all honesty.ooops sorry no offense again.
    The Japanese started in the same place as the Koreans not too long ago (sixties and seventies). Copied technology, copied designs... they gained dominance thanks to the big oil crunch in the 70's, which saw many people shy away from big, traditional cars and go for the really cheap and stripped down (let's face it... Japanese cars of the 70's, for all their good looks, were damned tiny) Japanese autos.

Hyundai may not be very original when it comes to style, but at least, unlike the Chinese, they've paid for the rights to use the technology they've borrowed. (Which, incidentally, is mostly from Mitsubishi...)

And Toyota has had its share of styling piracy over the years. I've never seen a Lexus that exhibited originality, and when they did (as in the case of the SC), they lacked any sense of style... thought the current IS series, to be fair, does looks pretty good.

The Civic may share a similar profile with the older Civic, but it's a much sharper, prettier shape. Whether or not you agree with Honda's styling direction, they're fiendishly independent of styling trends and me-too-ism. Honda does its best not to follow trends, but to start them. Of course... they've taken ten steps back with the new Accord... which actually apes the current Hyundai Sonata (which is a styling clone of the older, pre-2000 Accord) and the BMW 3-series... it looks decent, but it just isn't very "Honda" to me.

The Corolla facelift? I'll reserve judgement till I see it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Matagal pang lalabas ang new gen Corolla sa Philippine market

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^- First semester of 2008 daw ser.

Sayang naman yung 2.4 variant ng Corolla! Sa US lang irerelease.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hm... while everybody likes the USDM version of the new Corolla, I, for one, still prefer the classic lines of the JDM (Axio) version.

For me, the JDM design has potential in that it can be set up to exude the aura of an Audi or Aurion...

While the USDM... well, I couldn't really understand it. It seems as if they tried to make the original Axio look more modern and edgy (especially after seeing the new Civic design). The front fascia does not fit the body shape and wheelbase of the car at all. Parang pilit sinalpak ang front design to the rest of the car...

Just my (current) two cents... maybe this view will change when I physically see the actual car...

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
All New Toyota Corolla