New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_kersey View Post
    btw maglalabas din ba sila ng Hatcback d2 pa pinas? ano po sa tingin nyo?
    As far as I know, the main model they plan to sell here is the sedan version which is to be imported from Thailand.

There's no news yet if the hatchback model will be made in Thailand, if not, the chances of the hatchback getting here are small.

Corolla sedan

Corolla hatchback aka Auris

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    hmmm....next to the FD Civic, the new Corolla doesnt look that special at all,IMO....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So far, initial reviews form the US and Europe seem to indicate that the new Corolla is merely an evolution of the current one, and not as sophisticated as the Civic and Mazda in terms of suspension tuning and chassis stiffness.

It'll still sell in big numbers, and if it looks good, why not? The current Altis is a decent car, despite its frumpy looks.
    didn't even know it already came out in the US.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ok, so i was bored this afternoon so i decided to visit the nearest the Toyota dealership. (and i'm in Southern China where the 10th. Gen Corolla was just launched the previous month) and go for a test drive. actually i was really hoping to try out the Top Spec. 1.8li dual VVTi + 6MT. but all they had for a test drive unit was just 1.6li (dual vvti good for 124hp/15kg-m) with traditional 4speed auto & yes the Auto here still only has 4cogs and no CVT like what's offered in Europe but i guess it will do. as i was only interested in the New Car's Over all packaging; Styling; Handling. Driving Dynamics and Engine Power.

[Interior Comfort/Space]
    though the car has flat rear floor, the car doesn't feel substantially bigger than the car it replaces (space wise my H.Jazz somehow feels airier? ). Quality of interior panel only seems a notch better. on a plus side the new Dash Controls seemed to be placed more logical and has better ergonomics and better seating position than Corolla's of yore.

[Power]
    for the 1.6+4AT power seems adequate, i did some uphill runs and the car had no problem going with 3passenger onboard. as i've previously stated there was no 1.8li available for testing i reckon it will be much better drivability as it also has more torque than the Civic's R18. (with a slightly lower top end)... now if PHDM will really introduce the CrDi. i'd say Kudo's to Toyota for doing this- finally!

[Suspension / Handling]
    did some sharp turns, turn-in was precise and has lower roll than previous Corolla. i'd seriously doubt it can match the excitement of hi-speed cornering in a Mazda 3. so is it a match or tie with the Civic's - probably not quite yet. and i heard some not so good underbody noise (clunk?) when i hit a deep rut out in the test drive route.... '95 GLi Corolla's seem to be more solid then....?

[Chassis / aerodynamic tweaks]
    body stiffness seems fairly high, not even once i felt the car flexed or twisted in the spirited run i had. its also quieter than the Civic's here in China. much better road noise insulation. take a look at the highlighted yellow box, they'r mounted infront of front and rear tires. probably to enhance airflow and improve fuel consumption (just my guess though) and for the second time. in the rear wheel wells i can see some (noise fm. when hitting & flying small stones) insulation material.
    Last edited by parakitoJDM; July 7th, 2007 at 09:54 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    As far as I know, the main model they plan to sell here is the sedan version which is to be imported from Thailand.

There's no news yet if the hatchback model will be made in Thailand, if not, the chances of the hatchback getting here are small.

Corolla sedan

Corolla hatchback aka Auris
    okies..thanks sir...sana magkaroon ng himala para mailabas e2ng hatch na2 sa pinas..kasi danda ng itsura eh...hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    [Styling]
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder - as they always say. but this 10th. gen Corolla has certainly better aesthetics than the previous somewhat mis-proportioned body work. so hands up to the new styling. but the China version seems to have a much higher ground clearance compared to the pics for the Euro version....
    "front Quarter"

"Side View"

"Rear Quarter"

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    Ok, so i was bored this afternoon so i decided to visit the nearest the Toyota dealership. (and i'm in Southern China where the 10th. Gen Corolla was just launched the previous month) and go for a test drive. actually i was really hoping to try out the Top Spec. 1.8li dual VVTi + 6MT. but all they had for a test drive unit was just 1.6li (dual vvti good for 124hp/15kg-m) with traditional 4speed auto & yes the Auto here still only has 4cogs and no CVT like what's offered in Europe but i guess it will do. as i was only interested in the New Car's Over all packaging; Styling; Handling. Driving Dynamics and Engine Power.

The best ka talaga boss M......., ParakitoJDM... hehehe...
    Talagang tinuloy mo plano mo na mag test drive....bakit di mo ako isinama.....Joke...No license here...
    pero busy ako maghapon ... galing akong Hongkong nung umaga hangang afternoon tapos diresto sa Huaqiang Bei...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by raikkah View Post
    The best ka talaga boss M......., ParakitoJDM... hehehe...
    Talagang tinuloy mo plano mo na mag test drive....bakit di mo ako isinama.....Joke...No license here...
    pero busy ako maghapon ... galing akong Hongkong nung umaga hangang afternoon tapos diresto sa Huaqiang Bei...
    Busy ka kasi ser sobra he he wink wink. di bale mukhang nahipo mo na din naman yung RED model nasa CCPark.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    Busy ka kasi ser sobra he he wink wink. di bale mukhang nahipo mo na din naman yung RED model nasa CCPark.
    Ser,,, Di ko type ....

mas natuwa pa ako dun sa EVO na naka display.... ganda ng recaro seat nya...

mukha pa ring magakamukha sila ng 2007 Elantra

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
All New Toyota Corolla