New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 880 of 900 FirstFirst ... 780830870876877878879880881882883884890 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofthree View Post
    Hello po mga maam at sir! May tanung po sana ako. Yun vios po namin (1.3 E MT) nagfaflash yun parang door na lock na symbol tas paminsan naka-steady sya. Ang nangyare po kasi un main key (yun may buttons) naiwan sa ibabaw ng cage ng dog namin tas naulanan tas ginamitan namin ng spare key nun minsan na umalis kami tas kanina ginamit na namin yun main key tas napansin ko na nagfaflash yun door with lock symbol tas pag inopen yun koche nawawala na yun ilaw tas may instance din na nakasteady lang yun ilaw. Di ko kasi sure kung ano yun, we tried checking sa manual pero no good. Let me know po kung may idea kayo sa ganito. Thanks in advance! 😊

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i haven't encountered this problem before, but if i were me...
    buksan nyo yung na-ulanang susi with buttons, tanggalin ang baterya niya, banlawan ng tap water, blot dry at ibilad sa araw para matuyo. if you are lucky, this will solve your problem.
    good luck.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    i'm due for the 1st PMS (1000kms), meron po ba kayong checklist kung ano lang ang gagawin nila? more than 10 years na rin kasi akong hindi nagdala na sasakyan sa casa and no choice ako but to bring it to Toyota Alabang... maraming salamat.

i'm using 1.3 E CVT.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nsj86 View Post
    i'm due for the 1st PMS (1000kms), meron po ba kayong checklist kung ano lang ang gagawin nila? more than 10 years na rin kasi akong hindi nagdala na sasakyan sa casa and no choice ako but to bring it to Toyota Alabang... maraming salamat.

i'm using 1.3 E CVT.
    AFAIK, change oil at some tightening here and there lang gagawin. Plus it's free!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    newbie here, Just wanted to asked where can I download the owner's manual for toyota vios 2011. I just bought a second hand car and owner's manual is not included. thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    May nakapag DIY na ba na magpalit ng coolant?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Need help Vios Dual VVTi owners

Anybody experience na parang palyado o mamamatay yun engine upon cold start?

I have experienced it a couple of times, but cannot pinpoint the problem.

Vios 2016 1.3E Dual VVTi CVT ; Odometer: 10,500km

This is my in-law's car, and normally used in Batangas, so mostly mixed city/highway driving Monday to Friday. Brought it to Manila around early-August.

Problem 1: One time that during cold start, there's a "knocking" sound. My initial guess is a problem with gasoline used (Petron Xtra Unleaded).

Problem 2: A couple of times, in separate occasion, during cold-start with the car unused for about 3 days, I experience "palyado" o nanginginig yun engine for about 10-20 seconds.

Had it checked last week at Toyota Lipa during 10,000 km maintenance, using regular Toyota 10w-30 engine oil. But the issue was not encountered, since the car is already driven a good distance, thus they were unable to diagnose the problem properly.

For Problem 1, I used up the gasoline tank (near empty but without warning light), and filled Shell V Power 95 octane full-tank. Stilil monitoring the "knocking" sound. Did not encounter it yet again.

For Problem 2, I have no leads yet. According to the SA and mechanic, they also received similar report on another Vios and a Rav4, both with the new Dual VVTi engines, and also were not used for a couple of days.

Ang "guess" ng chief mechanic is yun oil daw kapag hindi ginagamit yun kotse, napupunta lahat sa ilalim/oil pan, thus during cold start parang di daw lubricated yun engine components pa. What he suggested is to use the car regularly. I asked him, "So you mean hindi maganda yun Toyota oil na nilalagay niyo?", and he answered na hindi naman daw ganun. Then I asked another question, "If hindi yun oil, ibig ba sabihin hindi maganda yun Dual VVTi engines at namimili siya ng oil?". Received the same answered.

So ended up with having to monitor it personally on daily basis when using the car.

I hope you guys can help. TIA.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Forgot to mention.

When both problem occurred, I immediately checked the oil level/dipstick. The oil is a the proper level.

On our 2013 Innova VVTi, even if we left it unused for almost a month, it did not encounter the cold start problem. Startup was smooth as normal.

My guess is that there is a problem with either the "Dual" VVTi engines, or a problem with the Toyota 10w-30 regular oil.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by matt chua View Post
    Need help Vios Dual VVTi owners

Anybody experience na parang palyado o mamamatay yun engine upon cold start?

I have experienced it a couple of times, but cannot pinpoint the problem.

Vios 2016 1.3E Dual VVTi CVT ; Odometer: 10,500km

This is my in-law's car, and normally used in Batangas, so mostly mixed city/highway driving Monday to Friday. Brought it to Manila around early-August.

Problem 1: One time that during cold start, there's a "knocking" sound. My initial guess is a problem with gasoline used (Petron Xtra Unleaded).

Problem 2: A couple of times, in separate occasion, during cold-start with the car unused for about 3 days, I experience "palyado" o nanginginig yun engine for about 10-20 seconds.

Had it checked last week at Toyota Lipa during 10,000 km maintenance, using regular Toyota 10w-30 engine oil. But the issue was not encountered, since the car is already driven a good distance, thus they were unable to diagnose the problem properly.

For Problem 1, I used up the gasoline tank (near empty but without warning light), and filled Shell V Power 95 octane full-tank. Stilil monitoring the "knocking" sound. Did not encounter it yet again.

For Problem 2, I have no leads yet. According to the SA and mechanic, they also received similar report on another Vios and a Rav4, both with the new Dual VVTi engines, and also were not used for a couple of days.

Ang "guess" ng chief mechanic is yun oil daw kapag hindi ginagamit yun kotse, napupunta lahat sa ilalim/oil pan, thus during cold start parang di daw lubricated yun engine components pa. What he suggested is to use the car regularly. I asked him, "So you mean hindi maganda yun Toyota oil na nilalagay niyo?", and he answered na hindi naman daw ganun. Then I asked another question, "If hindi yun oil, ibig ba sabihin hindi maganda yun Dual VVTi engines at namimili siya ng oil?". Received the same answered.

So ended up with having to monitor it personally on daily basis when using the car.

I hope you guys can help. TIA.

haha that's a BS explanation. every night ganun talaga ang motor oil, it settles to the bottom. but that shouldn't cause knocking coz knocking isn't a lubrication issue

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i do not know what type of valve lifters the vios uses.
    but in some hydraulic valve lifters, the oil sometimes drains from them, and the engine is rough for many seconds, until the lifters fill up with oil again.

one other possibility, might be the idle up circuit.

sa dami ng vios users, you are the first complainant i have read about, mentioning these symptoms. i suspect there is something unique with your car...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 8th, 2017 at 10:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    haha that's a BS explanation. every night ganun talaga ang motor oil, it settles to the bottom. but that shouldn't cause knocking coz knocking isn't a lubrication issue
    I agree with you, totally BS yun explanation. Pero dahil hindi nagmanifest yun problem on the spot during PMS, wala rin sila masagot na matino.