New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 828 of 900 FirstFirst ... 728778818824825826827828829830831832838878 ... LastLast
Results 8,271 to 8,280 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by doodzie View Post
    Curios lang.. inde ba masama sa engine ung papalit palit ng octane level sa gas? for example this load up ko ng gas gawin ko 91 then next week gawin ko 95 and so on ..
    nope.basta pasok sa minimum octane rating okay lang

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Curios lang.. inde ba masama sa engine ung papalit palit ng octane level sa gas? for example this load up ko ng gas gawin ko 91 then next week gawin ko 95 and so on ..
    Hindi masama.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    perfectly fine. not a problem at all

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kimot View Post
    ^^

kasi walang back up to support their claim like dyno test.

it's like... "pakiramdam" mo may lagnat ka, pero iba ang sinasabi ng thermometer . Subjective vs Objective.
    So those that claimed na "placebo" is... They haven't actually tried using higher octane? Or yung nag claim dito na ramdam nya yung difference eh na placebo na :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    no idea sa kanila pero ako natry ko na from 91 -> 95 -> 100. nung una feeling ko meron rin improvement pero nung bumalik ulit ako sa lower octane and i didn't see the difference.

from federal trade commission of the USA
    Unless it’s recommended by your owner’s manual, don’t spend the money on high octane gas. In most cases, there’s no benefit. Higher octane helps only if you have problems with your engine “knocking.”
    It may seem like buying higher octane “premium” gas is like giving your car a treat, or boosting its performance. But take note: the recommended gasoline for most cars is regular octane. In fact, in most cases, using a higher octane gasoline than your owner's manual recommends offers absolutely no benefit. It won't make your car perform better, go faster, get better mileage, or run cleaner. Your best bet: listen to your owner's manual.
    source:Paying a Premium for High Octane Gasoline? | Consumer Information

check mo rin yung video from fifth gear tinest din nila gumamit ng lower to higher octane rating.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    The video explains why choosing a higher octane fuel for a low compression engine is not a good idea...also it includes a dyno test between a low ang high octane fuel.

https://youtu.be/FPPkPAbzwbU

Quote Originally Posted by sirLancelot View Post
    So those that claimed na "placebo" is... They haven't actually tried using higher octane? Or yung nag claim dito na ramdam nya yung difference eh na placebo na :D

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kimot View Post
    no idea sa kanila pero ako natry ko na from 91 -> 95 -> 100. nung una feeling ko meron rin improvement pero nung bumalik ulit ako sa lower octane and i didn't see the difference.

from federal trade commission of the USA

source:Paying a Premium for High Octane Gasoline? | Consumer Information

check mo rin yung video from fifth gear tinest din nila gumamit ng lower to higher octane rating.
    On a dyno you can see the difference or you wait for it to knock( if your car requires high octane fuel)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tried all 91 to 100 akala ko din meron effect pag higher octane na mas maganda takbo. Pero try mo pa gas ka vpower racing or blaze ng 2 full tanks tapos lipat ka bigla sa 91 walang pagbabago. Full tank ko wala pang 1 week tinatagal provincial highway driving kasi kailangan pa ng overtake ng overtake kaya mararamdaman mo talaga na wala. Pero nasa sayo yan kung gusto mo higher octane di ko rin naman ma prove talaga dahil wala akong complete data puro pakiramdam lang. Tignan mo na lang din presyo, sa area ko kasi dati 0.40 lang difference ng ron 95 sa ron 91 kaya dun ako sa 95 pero nung nawala na mga promo like coke magnum at lego, sa 91 na ulit. Iwas lang ako sa petron at kumakatok kahit xcs.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I was at subaru alabang talking to their service manager a few weeks ago, i told him that i read somewhere that there is a memo that says that all turbo engines preferably use blaze 100, his explaination was, even though it states in the manual that owners can use 95ron, it doesnt apply here, the manual was printed in japan, quality of fuel is different there.

But From my experience, ive been using only 2 brands, if city driving i only use caltex gold with techron, as long as i dont go over 2400 rpm when the turbo spools, if out of town i make sure of using blaze 100, in fairness, i cant see the difference between the two, thats why bilib ako sa caltex, im just using blaze as a precaution against engine knocking. Why only those 2 brands? My logic is Blaze and gold are the best that those two companies offer, unlike shell's nitro 95 only their 2nd tier and nitro racing 97 which has a lower ron than the euro 4 blaze but have the same price.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was at subaru alabang talking to their service manager a few weeks ago, i told him that i read somewhere that there is a memo that says that all turbo engines preferably use blaze 100, his explaination was, even though it states in the manual that owners can use 95ron, it doesnt apply here, the manual was printed in japan, quality of fuel is different there.

But From my experience, ive been using only 2 brands, if city driving i only use caltex gold with techron, as long as i dont go over 2400 rpm when the turbo spools, if out of town i make sure of using blaze 100, in fairness, i cant see the difference between the two, thats why bilib ako sa caltex, im just using blaze as a precaution against engine knocking. Why only those 2 brands? My logic is Blaze and gold are the best that those two companies offer, unlike shell's nitro 95 only their 2nd tier and nitro racing 97 which has a lower ron than the euro 4 blaze but have the same price.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    On a dyno you can see the difference or you wait for it to knock( if your car requires high octane fuel)
    you'll see the the difference sir, like if you use lower than the recommended fuel you'll lose some hp and torque.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    maybe the memo meant that turbo engines will perform better if you use 100 RON? they said preferably... not recommended

i always follow what's written on the owner's manual, no one knows better than engineers of your car.