New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 710 of 900 FirstFirst ... 610660700706707708709710711712713714720760810 ... LastLast
Results 7,091 to 7,100 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AFAIK Es do not have immobilizers so the method above works. There is a page in the manual that shows the difference between keys with and without immobilizers.

Cars with immobilizers will only start if the key with the chip is inside the car. There might be extra logic in there that prevents the car from starting when the alarm is tripped.
    Last edited by JohnM; March 25th, 2015 at 06:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdip View Post
    sir yuki afaik this is one of the new additional feature of vios 2015 immobilizer tvss and touch panel but i think this feature is available only on certain variant and my ride had this system
    now, wala na? why? pinatanggal mo?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ All Day View Post
    now, wala na? why? pinatanggal mo?
    wala pala talaga, sorry i thought it had as my SA told me already verified the MV is just equipped with a simple TVSS.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    own a 2013 vios 1.3E... also have 2 regular keys, and 1 button type...

base on experience, i have to share the keys to a driver as well... I get to use the keyless entry... but if i forget to NOT to engage it (when i know the driver will use the car next).... driver will just open the door manually... (alarm will engage)... but all he has to do is start the engine (using the regular key)... the alarm will stop, and the car, car locks will just work properly....

so no real issues on my part who carries what key...

just my 2 cents
    ang scandalous lang ng alarm tuwing papasok ng sasakyan yung naka regular key.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    There are alternatives...

1. Buy another oem key from toyota (around 16k)... Yes i did ask before
    2. Buy a 3rd party alarm (around 5k)... You can have it work with the oem key... But i dont like the idea of having two different remotes... Also had a Bad experience in the long run... If one of the alam fails... Puwede maging immobile yun car
    3. Just live w/ what toyota gave us (2regular and 1 button key)... I chose number 3... Was even considering to remove the battery of the button key, para lahat manual... But end of the day, im just conscious whether i engage the alarm (button) or not....

Just my 2 cents

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    pang isang tao lang pala talaga yung keys kung ganun ang setup.. o well nakakatakot lang kasi na andali natin masasalisihan if ever sa mga dark places na nakakaalam ng ganitong system nung vios
    first pag pindot mo kasi nung wireless, automatic unlock na lahat ng doors.
    pano kung magisa ka lang? All New 2013 Toyota Vios (3rd Gen)

amateur enthusiast posting probably from a nexus device

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sylphunter View Post
    pang isang tao lang pala talaga yung keys kung ganun ang setup.. o well nakakatakot lang kasi na andali natin masasalisihan if ever sa mga dark places na nakakaalam ng ganitong system nung vios
    first pag pindot mo kasi nung wireless, automatic unlock na lahat ng doors.
    pano kung magisa ka lang? All New 2013 Toyota Vios (3rd Gen)

amateur enthusiast posting probably from a nexus device
    no big deal naman kung lahat ng doors mag unlock. still best to be cautious pag nasa alanganin na lugar.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    There are alternatives...

1. Buy another oem key from toyota (around 16k)... Yes i did ask before
    2. Buy a 3rd party alarm (around 5k)... You can have it work with the oem key... But i dont like the idea of having two different remotes... Also had a Bad experience in the long run... If one of the alam fails... Puwede maging immobile yun car
    3. Just live w/ what toyota gave us (2regular and 1 button key)... I chose number 3... Was even considering to remove the battery of the button key, para lahat manual... But end of the day, im just conscious whether i engage the alarm (button) or not....

Just my 2 cents
    thanks for sharing bro!

for the poster who'd be sharing with the wife, i guess option 2 would work.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Mga sir normal ba na parang kumakatok makina pag over shift?

1.3 E MT unit.

Example, naka third gear ako, then when I come to a street corner, need ko magbawas ng speed as I turn.

Instead of shifting to 2nd gear, I stay at 3rd gear kasi parang kaya pa naman.

Thats when I hear na parang may kumakatok.

Yung sound nya is parang may nilagay kang something sa electric fan blades.

Is this normal?

Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1.3 E MT unit.

Example, naka third gear ako, then when I come to a street corner, need ko magbawas ng speed as I turn.

Is this normal?

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SneezyPepper View Post

1.3 E MT unit.

Is this normal?

Thanks
    sir I dont think na engine knock yan. downshift to 2nd when cornering, kakadyot talaga if you slow down to turn on 3rd gear