New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 709 of 900 FirstFirst ... 609659699705706707708709710711712713719759809 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    TVSS is the immobilizer, right?
    bro TVSS is Toyota's anti-theft system. It may or may not have an immobilizer equipped.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Da#1Stunner! View Post
    mukhang magiging antayan nalang to or hanggang mainip na magpakabit ng ibang alarm. para dalawa na ang remote.
    OEM purist would not do this sir, sayang po yung orig alarm ng Toyota na tested na tumatagal.
    Kami sir para laging pwedeng magamit yung kotse, iniiwan po namin yung susi sa tagong area ng cabinet para di na po namin kailangang mag intayan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_ View Post
    Sabi sa manual magwowork lang immobilizer kapag unregistered key ang ginamit.
    sir, IIRC may disclaimer sa manual (*if equipped).

maaring sa ibang markets may immobilizer ang vios. but for my 2013 3rd gen, ang alam ko wala talaga.

afaik pang anti forced entry lang ang stock TVSS ng vios. the remote key is merely a wireless doorlock tool.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdip View Post
    sir yuki my vios 2015 1.3e a/t variant had a builtin immobilizer
    bro i'm not sure about the 2015 model kung meron nga.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    I wonder kung anong spare key ng 1.3E AT, kung may key fob na or regular spare key lang. Wife's planning to buy a 1.3E AT mid this year if she will not change her mind again
    Mine is 1.3E AT (2013). Two regular spare keys.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_ View Post
    Sabi sa manual magwowork lang immobilizer kapag unregistered key ang ginamit.
    tama po sir luis

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    bro i'm not sure about the 2015 model kung meron nga.
    sir yuki afaik this is one of the new additional feature of vios 2015 immobilizer tvss and touch panel but i think this feature is available only on certain variant and my ride had this system

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    own a 2013 vios 1.3E... also have 2 regular keys, and 1 button type...

base on experience, i have to share the keys to a driver as well... I get to use the keyless entry... but if i forget to NOT to engage it (when i know the driver will use the car next).... driver will just open the door manually... (alarm will engage)... but all he has to do is start the engine (using the regular key)... the alarm will stop, and the car, car locks will just work properly....

so no real issues on my part who carries what key...

just my 2 cents

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    [QUOTE=mcdip;2511198]sir yuki maybe only toyota vehicle security system

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    own a 2013 vios 1.3E... also have 2 regular keys, and 1 button type...

base on experience, i have to share the keys to a driver as well... I get to use the keyless entry... but if i forget to NOT to engage it (when i know the driver will use the car next).... driver will just open the door manually... (alarm will engage)... but all he has to do is start the engine (using the regular key)... the alarm will stop, and the car, car locks will just work properly....

so no real issues on my part who carries what key...

just my 2 cents

Is this how immobilizers work?

If I remember correctly the story told to me, the gf of my barkada pressed the remote locked button while inside her Focus, she then tried to start the car and the alam was triggered. Due to panic, instead of pressing the unlock button to stop the alarm she retried to start the car. After that, she could no longer start the car.