New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 591 of 900 FirstFirst ... 491541581587588589590591592593594595601641691 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    from anypoint in manila to tagaytay, wala yan ni hindi aabot ng 100km range eh. ;)
    btw are you jośe, achmed's (the terrorist) friend? :D:D
    Concern ko with Tagaytay is the steepness of the terrain hehe.

I'm not José hehe.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    go and enjoy, sir!
    nothing to worry about.
    just observe proper speed.
    i believe there's something about break-in, in the manual..
    Thanks Sir! I shall consult the manual haha. 😁

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Masyado niyo naman binibaby yung kotse niyo guys. Kotse yan, hindi sanggol.

Bring it up to Baguio if you want. Or Pagudpud. Or Bicol. Or Zamboanga. It's a brand new car! It's meant to be driven. Lahat ng naging kotse ko laging out of town kagad ang first byahe - never naman nagkaproblem.

Sakto yan after a round trip from Baguio you'll be nearing your 1000 km PMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Bring it up to Baguio if you want. Or Pagudpud. Or Bicol. Or Zamboanga. It's a brand new car! It's meant to be driven. Lahat ng naging kotse ko laging out of town kagad ang first byahe - never naman nagkaproblem.

bossing... hindi recomendadong ipasyal ang bagong panganak na baby... (yung tunay, hindi yung yari sa metal).
    heh heh.
    happy new year.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

First car owner po kasi ako.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Double post
    Last edited by jut703; December 26th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by senyorjalapeno View Post
    Yung first car ko pagkakuha ko dinala ko Batangas and natopspeed ko sa STAR. I wouldn't recommend it since the manual specifically states that you shouldn't stay at constant high revs, but I did and nothing bad ever happened to my engine.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by senyorjalapeno View Post
    buti ka pa...
    my first car was a very used car..
    yung unang trip niya, was to the gas station... for an oil change and a tune-up.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Enjoy lang sa pagdrive ng brand new car mo...

Ako nagdrive agad new car ko to baguio after a week... And wala naman naging problema...

Sent from far far far far far away land

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    bossing... hindi recomendadong ipasyal ang bagong panganak na baby... (yung tunay, hindi yung yari sa metal).
    heh heh.
    happy new year.
    Tama. Yun nalang ibaby niyo. Yang Vios hindi yan baby. Hindi yan iiyak sa gabi, di yan jejebs sa lampin niya, hindi yan magkakasakit pag mahamugan, etc.

It's a machine, designed to run hundreds of thousands of kilometers. Made of metal.

The only instruction from the manual is to avoid long periods at constant revs. That means just vary your speed from 80 to 100 to 120 and back to 80 and repeat over and over. Avoid overrevving the engine too.

However, even if you fail to do that, the engine won't break. It's just an additional precaution but I've never experienced nor heard of anyone's car breaking down because they stayed at 100 kph the entire time during the car's first long trip below 1000 km.