New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 585 of 900 FirstFirst ... 485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Same here lahat ng pinto mapa trunk kailangan malakas ang sara. Nakakapanibago lng din. Paggamit ko un isa naming sasakyan palagi napapalakas un sara ko dahil nasanay sa vios

2. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Thanks guys, kala ko samin lang ganun e. Mukang normal lang naman pala. Hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    May mawawala ba sa warranty kapag nagkabit ako nung spoiler na may break lights? TIA

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Electrical warranty if my splicing then if bubutasan yun trunk, yun paint warranty nun trunk ata. Pero if sa casa maretain naman. Lam ko may available sa casa nasa 7k ata.

Andito ulit ako casa to claim warranty. For replacing na yun lower arm ko and yun weather strip na natatanggal sa roof and dun sa left passenger door.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I tried the Vios' top speed, just for the heck of it. Past 160 kph, there's barely anything there anymore. Even if you downshift to 3rd gear, the needle creeps very very slowly to 170. It would take a very long road to go at that speed if it was an even surface.

Thankfully, the SCTEX has a good downhill stretch leading up to a flat road. I accelerated as quickly as I could on the downhill and reached 188 kph (180 on my GPS). On the flat road, the car was able to keep that speed, but not any faster. Once I got on a bit of incline, it started to slow down - seems like the engine was already at its very limit when it was maintaining 180+ on a flat road, that a small incline is already too much.

Btw this was just with me on board. I doubt it would go past 170 if it was loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    On my trip back, I tried to measure the best FC I could get without hypermiling - got 17.47 km/L. 😊

The only thing I did differently was drive very slowly. I maintained 80 kph on SCTEX (very very boring) but sped up to about 100 on NLEX. Met a bit of traffic from the Mindanao Ave Exit which lowered the figure a bit.

Has anyone done 20 km/L over a real highway trip?

Btw, even with good highway figures, I still get a pathetic 7.9 km/L in moderate to heavy city driving. I find it odd because a small-engined car with only a 4AT usually does well in the city but poorly on the highway. In my case it's the complete opposite.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    On my trip back, I tried to measure the best FC I could get without hypermiling - got 17.47 km/L. ��

The only thing I did differently was drive very slowly. I maintained 80 kph on SCTEX (very very boring) but sped up to about 100 on NLEX. Met a bit of traffic from the Mindanao Ave Exit which lowered the figure a bit.

Has anyone done 20 km/L over a real highway trip?

Btw, even with good highway figures, I still get a pathetic 7.9 km/L in moderate to heavy city driving. I find it odd because a small-engined car with only a 4AT usually does well in the city but poorly on the highway. In my case it's the complete opposite.

I did when I was doing the AeroVios experiments with the 1.3MT. The 18-19 in the article included low speed simulated urban running, and the highway was crowded during my tank-to-tank refill runs. I've done an indicated 25 km/l on the 1.5, but that's on the MID lang. I'm assuming that's just 21-23 km/l in reality. That's pure 80 km/h on the highway, measured via GPS.

I have an upcoming article, pure highway, where I achieved over 20 km/l with the 1.3 AT, tank-to-tank measurements, maintaining 80 km/h via GPS (85+++ km/h on the speedometer).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Niky do you find that the Vios is still more efficient at 80 than 100?

I started to speed up from 80 to 100 because my fuel gauge seemed to be going down quicker at 80 kph than it did when I was driving normally (100-120). No MID so I couldn't be sure.

I usually follow the general rule of sticking to 80 kph for best efficiency but I dunno if it applies to the Vios too.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    70 is actually better than 80. The Vios's gearing is just too short. On the 1.5, it's a very predictable decline in efficiency from 100 (around 16-17) to 80 (around 18) to 60 (around 20+). But the problem is if you have to climb hills or overtake, pumping on the pedal will bring the average down down down. Also, if you're cruising at 60, you can REALLY feel it when the AC kicks in... the drag is incredible.

I can keep economy decent because I usually set my thermostat low, I don't compensate for hills (I let the speed drop, then gain it back on the way down) and I usually plan my overtakes so I don't have to speed up.

For the 1.3 MT... not sure. I've done a number of eco-tests, but without a MID, my data is only for controlled tests at 80 km/h. The Yaris 1.3 AT E has a MID, and it seems to indicate that 70 km/h is better and, like the Vios 1.5, you can still maintain good economy at 100 km/h versus 80 (just a 1 or 1.5 km/l drop).

Of course... at 70 km/h, driving is boooring. At 60, even overloaded trucks and jeepneys are overtaking you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Interesting, same observation with my Ranger before. Highest km/L reading was at 70 on 6th gear at barely over 1000 rpm. It was indicating around 25-30 km/L. Never got to verify with the full tank method because I'd always get bored and get back up to normal speed.

I'll probably try another run at 70-80 but only for an NLEX trip, maybe San Fernando to Balintawak. Doing a Subic-Balintawak run at that speed is just torture.