New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 582 of 900 FirstFirst ... 482532572578579580581582583584585586592632682 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LtAK View Post
    All my cars knock when using petron. Whats with petron considering RON rating is same with caltex and shell?
    actually, i was about to ask, what's wrong with your car?

but seriously, is it just one petron station, or all petrons?
    and is it just the low octane fuel, or is it also the premium higher octane fuel?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 11th, 2014 at 03:26 AM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Knocking ba eto? Hindi to cold start, actually kkatpos ko lang maghatid sa BGC nyan, with Aircon off idle iyan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Knocking ba eto? Hindi to cold start, actually kkatpos ko lang maghatid sa BGC nyan, with Aircon off idle iyan.

... doesn't sound like engine knock.. can it possibly be too large a valve lash?
    engine knock sounds like a marble falling into a metal can, or onto the kulahang galbanisado or GI roof..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SneezyPepper View Post
    sir follow up question lang..

once na natanggal na yung upuan, yung sandalan ba tatanggalin by unscrewing the three bolts?

salamat ng marami
    remove the 3 bolts first before pulling the backrest upward. mabusisi tlga magpalit ng seatcover

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post

seems a normal engine sound for me. fuel knock happens when the car is running during low gears at low rpm usually when u shift to 2nd gear from 1st gear and when you step on the gas pedal while the rpm is low. knocking or the roleta sound is only noticed when you step on the gas pedal. and I think a driver with less driving experience won't notice it.
    It's a different problem when you hear knocking while idling.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Try to change octane rating.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    95 octane fuel gamit ko. Total Excellium.
    Wala namang pinagbago sa hatak yan lang problema ko, kind of noisy ang engine compared sa Toyota Revo na gas namin dati na halos di mo rinig andar ng makina pag idle.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    actually, i was about to ask, what's wrong with your car?

but seriously, is it just one petron station, or all petrons?
    and is it just the low octane fuel, or is it also the premium higher octane fuel?
    I use 91 ron (fuel save and silver) and all of my vehicles runs very well on caltex and shell. 91 ron from petron knocks the engine.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1418286541.640257.jpg
    Hey guys, maayung hapon. My Silver is turning a month old this 15th. Just wanna say thank you for this forum for helping come up with a well informed decision for my 1st brand new car choice. I know there's a lot more to learn of our baby that's why I am eagerly back reading your thoughts. Keep them coming.

Just have one concern though which i know had been discussed already on this forum but i just forgot what page was that. About the "knocking sound on the dashboard", how was that resolved?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rheathyurd View Post
    remove the 3 bolts first before pulling the backrest upward. mabusisi tlga magpalit ng seatcover
    thanks sir... will try it