New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 402 of 900 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Having my first PMS here in Toyota. I asked about upgrading or changing the alarm for my 2014 vios 1.3E. Sabi sa akin hindi daw na u upgrade or pag pinalitan ng ibang alarm ma vo void dw warranty kahit sa kanila ni purchase ung alarm. They have the Terminator brand. So sabi ko wala ako options to change or upgrade the TVSS even if sa kanila mangagaling ung hardware kung ayaw ko ma void warranty and they said yes. Any comments mga sir?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by reycharles View Post
    Having my first PMS here in Toyota. I asked about upgrading or changing the alarm for my 2014 vios 1.3E. Sabi sa akin hindi daw na u upgrade or pag pinalitan ng ibang alarm ma vo void dw warranty kahit sa kanila ni purchase ung alarm. They have the Terminator brand. So sabi ko wala ako options to change or upgrade the TVSS even if sa kanila mangagaling ung hardware kung ayaw ko ma void warranty and they said yes. Any comments mga sir?
    ask other toyota casas, sir. perhaps they will be more receptive..

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Good day ka- Tsikoteers.

For next couple of weeks, this will be my first car . Sorry di na ko makapagback read, dami ng pages. ang nasa quotation is 2014 1.5G AT (FMC). Ano b yun FMC? ano b dapat ko tingnan kung ganun nga ang ibigay sakin? Sorry wala ko alam sa car.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangco11 View Post
    Guys pag ba downhill saan ba talaga dapat naka shift ang atin vios A/T? N, D, or 3,2,L?
    Some says pag N daw dilekado dahil walang control sa speed at mas mataas daw ang fuel consumption dahil kung naka gear ka sa D hindi mag iinject ng fuel and EFI(Electronic Fuel Injector) para ma maintain na running ang engine.
    Pag naman engine braking(3, 2, L) mas mabilis daw ma damage ang transmission.

At sa idle, say for 30 seconds stoplight, kailangan pa ba ishift to N or D nalang? Sabi kasi mas ok na ishift sa N para hindi masyado ma damage ang torque converter. Yung iba naman D + Handbrake lang. Pansin ko din po na may malakas na pwersa pag nag shift from N to D kaya palagi ako D+Handbrake sa short stops.
    Kung sino man nagsabi na titigil injectors sa D at any circumstance is plainly stupid.

Kung downhill, stick with D3 or D with overdrive off. This would give you 60kms/h with a lot of engine braking to help the breaks.

I don't normally shift to neutral or park mode if the traffic standstill is 1min or less.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andsmv View Post
    Good day ka- Tsikoteers.

For next couple of weeks, this will be my first car . Sorry di na ko makapagback read, dami ng pages. ang nasa quotation is 2014 1.5G AT (FMC). Ano b yun FMC? ano b dapat ko tingnan kung ganun nga ang ibigay sakin? Sorry wala ko alam sa car.
    FMC= Francisco Motors Corporation! just kidding hehe. FMC is Full Model Change.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Kung sino man nagsabi na titigil injectors sa D at any circumstance is plainly stupid.

Kung downhill, stick with D3 or D with overdrive off. This would give you 60kms/h with a lot of engine braking to help the breaks.

I don't normally shift to neutral or park mode if the traffic standstill is 1min or less.

If I freewheel or coast downhill in neutral will I save fuel?

This is one of those topics of discussion that most people get wrong. In older petrol cars that used carbs, coasting or freewheeling downhill would save you fuel, and this method worked quite well for those older cars. Modern petrol cars with Electronic Fuel Injection, do not work the same way. Modern cars with EFI have a Fuel Return Pipe which sends unused fuel back to the tank, so if you just simply leave the car in gear, and keep your foot off the go pedal while on a downhill stretch of road, the engine will not be using any fuel. If you were to use the old technique of coasting in neutral on a downhill stretch in a modern EFI car, when the revs drop below approx 1000rpm, the tickover valve kicks in, and you are burning fuel to keep the engine running. So the best way to save fuel in modern petrol cars is to effectively coast in gear, and when slowing down, use engine braking as much as possible, by simply going down through the gears, to keep the revs above tickover, with the fuel supply cut off, then when you have almost stopped, you simply have to let the engine reach idle speed. Most diesel cars have a Fuel Cut Off Valve, that works in a similar manner by simply cutting off the fuel supply when you take your foot off the pedal, so the same method of coasting works for both EFI & diesel cars.
    In theory po kasi kapag nasa D sa downhill or freewheel hindi masyado mataas ang kailangan na fuel ng engine para sa idle rpm. When if nasa N naman, hindi naka engage ang transmission sa engine kaya mas mataas ang fuel consumption para ma maintain ang idle rpm.

Anyway, thanks po sa mga comments and suggestions. Hindi ko lang po talaga masigurado kung may Fuel Cut Off Valve din ba ang ating vios.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    1K PMS this morning at Otis

1.7k++

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Bkit me binayaran ka? My pms is free up to 10k mark. Parts and labor free sa akin , otis din ako. Di ka ba binigyan ng coupon?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    free sa iyo boss even if you opt to change to fully synthetic oil?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Bkit me binayaran ka? My pms is free up to 10k mark. Parts and labor free sa akin , otis din ako. Di ka ba binigyan ng coupon?

Unfortunately, i dont have any coupons.