New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i wanted to diy this, any help would be appreciated....and oh, pictures would definitely be a great help, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    As a safety precaution wash the inside of the bell housing to get rid of harmful friction material dust. At the clutch fork boot, inject about a cup of dishwashing soap. Run water thru a garden hose into the bell housing using the fork opening with the engine running. Collect the drain water for disposal at the sewage. Run water until it runs clear
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; August 26th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    As a safety precaution wash the inside of the bell housing to get rid of harmful friction material dust. At the clutch fork boot, inject about a cup of dishwashing soap. Run water thru a garden hose into the bell housing using the fork opening with the engine running. Collect the drain water for disposal at the sewage. Run water until it runs clear
    thanks for the reply but i need more details, frankly i don't even know where's the location of the transmission fluid tank, so from there i need to know how to dismantle the cover (if there's any) to access the tank and i also need to know the location of the drain plug (if there's any also) in order to drain the old fluid and refill it with a new transmission fluid.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Solly. Oil change? There is a drain plug at the bottom side of the transaxle and there is a filler plug the same level as the inboard driveshaft joint. These two will need a 24 mm socket wrench. Be careful with the copper crush washer if you don't have replacements. Use GL 4/5 (gear lube 85W90). Fill to the filler hole.

Manual tyranny or manual tranny?

Bet you're using smart phoneae92 gl: how to change (manual tyranny) trasmission fluid?
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; August 26th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Solly. Oil change? There is a drain plug at the bottom side of the transaxle and there is a filler plug the same level as the inboard driveshaft joint. These two will need a 24 mm socket wrench. Be careful with the copper crush washer if you don't have replacements. Use GL 4/5 (gear lube 85W90). Fill to the filler hole.

Manual tyranny or manual tranny?

Bet you're using smart phoneae92 gl: how to change (manual tyranny) trasmission fluid?
    hahaha! nope im not using a smart phone its actually a typo error, thanks a lot for the detailed instructions! now where am i gonna get me a 24mm socket wrench? hmmm maybe my kumpadre has one!? thanks again sir jick.cejoco :-)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Correction: it is 22mm for both the filler plug and the drain plug. You can try 7/8" socket, it usually does the job

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Correction: it is 22mm for both the filler plug and the drain plug. You can try 7/8" socket, it usually does the job
    noted :-)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

ae92 gl: how to change (manual tyranny) trasmission fluid?