New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    2M ang Camry dito? I like the car very much and I thought that if it's 1.3M medyo kaya pa. 2M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Damn! Hintayin ko na lang yun second hand. hehe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ^^ its misleading, the 2M camry has a 3.5L V6 with dual VVTi (equivalent to bi-vanos) putting out 277hp. and it has self-leveling HID's. i've seen a few, it is really gorgeous compared to the fuddy-duddy existing camry.

meron din namang 1.4M na camry with a 2.4L 4-banger.

let's look at it another way. for the price of a measly BMW 318i you get a 5-series sized car with rock solid reliability.
    Last edited by orly_andico; November 5th, 2006 at 01:44 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    ^^ its misleading, the 2M camry has a 3.5L V6 with dual VVTi (equivalent to bi-vanos) putting out 277hp. and it has self-leveling HID's. i've seen a few, it is really gorgeous compared to the fuddy-duddy existing camry.

meron din namang 1.4M na camry with a 2.4L 4-banger.

let's look at it another way. for the price of a measly BMW 318i you get a 5-series sized car with rock solid reliability.
    amen to that

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not really a fair comparison to match Philippine prices against US prices... sa Singapore mas mahal pa yung kotse kesa dito haha

Another thing, the Camrys we get are all relatively fully-loaded compared to the US ones, since it's a luxury car here while it's only a mass-market car there. In terms of positioning, our Camry should more properly be compared to their Lexus ES330.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    Not really a fair comparison to match Philippine prices against US prices... sa Singapore mas mahal pa yung kotse kesa dito haha

Another thing, the Camrys we get are all relatively fully-loaded compared to the US ones, since it's a luxury car here while it's only a mass-market car there. In terms of positioning, our Camry should more properly be compared to their Lexus ES330.

i dont think camry is fully loaded in phils, plus, they still have optional package. i just went to toyota shaw

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeness View Post
    i dont think camry is fully loaded in phils, plus, they still have optional package. i just went to toyota shaw
    It is not. It's the usual practice of TMP to stretch variants. Best current examples include the Innova and Altis series. When they say basic variant, talagang basic uninspiring.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I've seen 2 on the road and ang ganda talaga. The 2.4L variant is good enough for me. Magandang topic yan BMW 3 series vs Camry ah. It's a tough choice. BMW pa din hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on what you want... if you're a chauffer driven executive, the Camry will definitely be more appealing than the 3-series (it's got a bigger backseat now, but it's still kinda small). The 3 series will still appeal mostly to yuppies and bachelors, and the Camry to older businessmen.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    "i dont think camry is fully loaded in phils, plus, they still have optional package. i just went to toyota shaw"

What's the optional package?

"The 3 series will still appeal mostly to yuppies and bachelors, and the Camry to older businessmen."

Guilty here. I'm not a businessman but I'm definitely older!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I don't have or plan to buy one but I think the top of the line Camry is very well packaged and priced reasonably compared to other high end sedans! Kulang nalang is a nice sunroof!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
About the New CAMRY.