New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,851
    #21
    Different tuning. Same engine.

    Ive mildly tuned both my LC200s. Not so happy with the 2nd tune. Will reflash to stock and go to a different tuner.

    First tune was the DTP chip (very good).

    Second tune was my normal tuning shop....stronger than stock but weaker and smokier than the DTP chip.

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,988
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yeah another funny thing is exactly the same output din sa older lc straight-6 diesel 1hd-fte.

    ang nagtataka lang ako sa mga lc200 sa pilipinas. 232hp quoted ng toyota phil sa 1vd compared to 268hp for the rest of the world. ano yun iba lang talaga yun sa atin?
    Detuned ata kasi eh. You know toyota ph parang isuzu ph din yan; scrimped figures and features for higher srps over offerings of rival brands. In the case of the former tho, at least starting this decade they are rectifying this issue na under pres. okamoto-san. For example, 2020 prado diesel models and below only had the 1kd motor of the older hilux/fortuner (163ps/410nm w/5at) while priced at a whopping 4 million plus. But recently they updated it na to the upgraded 1gd engine (204ps/500nm + 6at) although still overpriced for what it is. Then kung yung headunits nila dati puro avt sourced lang, at least ngayon mas oem na with reputable brands such as jbl for speakers, etc. Sana nga tuloy tuloy na ang practice na ito for their lineup.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,730
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yeah another funny thing is exactly the same output din sa older lc straight-6 diesel 1hd-fte.

    ang nagtataka lang ako sa mga lc200 sa pilipinas. 232hp quoted ng toyota phil sa 1vd compared to 268hp for the rest of the world. ano yun iba lang talaga yun sa atin?
    Di lang naman Toyota. Subaru did the same for the Forester XT. The Japan model Forester XT is rated at 280hp while most of Europe/North America at 250hp. The ASEAN model is only 240hp.

    Ford also did the same for its Ecoboost engines. Different areas, different tuning. Our local Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost was only rated at 125hp/170Nm while the Euro model is at 140hp/180Nm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,108
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Di lang naman Toyota. Subaru did the same for the Forester XT. The Japan model Forester XT is rated at 280hp while most of Europe/North America at 250hp. The ASEAN model is only 240hp.

    Ford also did the same for its Ecoboost engines. Different areas, different tuning. Our local Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost was only rated at 125hp/170Nm while the Euro model is at 140hp/180Nm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In some instances, it has to do with fuel availability


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,730
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    In some instances, it has to do with fuel availability


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I understand the octane ratings for petrol but is that similar to diesel? May difference ba in octane ratings for diesel?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,988
    #26
    Hindi naman ata octane rating yung tinitingnan sa diesel eh. More on if available ang euro v or euro vi para sa diesel fuel.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,098
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I understand the octane ratings for petrol but is that similar to diesel? May difference ba in octane ratings for diesel?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May pag kakaiba din siguro. Sa diesel ang sukatan ng octane rating is cetane rating. similar lang sa gasoline.

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    316
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    May pag kakaiba din siguro. Sa diesel ang sukatan ng octane rating is cetane rating. similar lang sa gasoline.
    Could be since mas mababa ung cetane minimum ng euro 4 natin kesa sa minimums nila sa europe (50 vs 52)

    https://www.doe.gov.ph/sites/default..._petroleum.pdf

    Fuels: EU Reference Diesel Fuel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

70series: The Cruiser To Keep