New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Yesterday at Subic I saw a 2.5 D-4D Fortuner hauling 2 jet skis while (seemingly) comfortably cruising at about 60kph on a main road there . I don't know if jet skis are just light or actually heavy, but the fact that it can carry extra load can say that it might not be as underpowered as some of us here might think.

Then again, though, I still prefer the 3.0 and 2.7 gas variants over this one.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose View Post
    After all your feedback about my previous topic about on what SUV i will buy:

hyundai Santafe 4x2 crdi - Ok na sana kaso 1 airbag only with the price of 1.5m+ i think not worth it.

chevrolet Captiva 4x2 crdi - Ok din sana kaso 5 seaters lang although pwede palagyan ng 3rd row seats pero the problem would be aircondition na naman kasi kawawa naman mga nasa likod kung walang airvent. Pero yung price is worth it naman kasi 1.3m lang.

Ford Everest - Ok price at 1.3m lang sa 4x2 a/t nila kaso di ko type itsura ...

Toyota Fortuner 4x2 2.5 d4d - Sa tingin ko ito yung fit talaga sakin kasi 7 seaters sya tapos hindi problem aircon kasi may sariling aircon mga nasa 3rd row. Ang problem ko lang ay kung baka naman under power kasi pareho lang ng makina sa Innova and mas malaki pa ang fortuner. Although nakapag test drive na ako ng fortuner 4x2 diesel pero hindi ko naman mahataw kasi medyo traffic naman ... soo hihingi na lang aklo tulong sa mga may fortuner 4x2 2.5 d4d kung ano experience nyo. And the price is not bad at around 1.4m+.
    It's never underpowered; driven my mom's 4x2 fort at Gensan highway 135kph (na-overtake ko na strada, older model than triton of course) may ibubuga pa. all you have to do is press down the accelerator if you need to overtake. 'd reason why i replaced my '06sportivo to fort. medyo matagtag nga lang; for this i'll wait 2 years for the shocks to settle, if not maybe replace the rear with gas shocks. i'll follow the pattern of my getz: fluid sa harap, gas sa likod; swave sa lubaks.
    my apologies to new duratorque, mas responsive pa 4x2 fort.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in fact i agree it's subjective. for example my purpose of buying the 4x2 fort is space for family outings (long drives to Boracay), auto transmission for city driving and at the same time having a bit of prestige doing all these, but never intended for racing. it's more of a family and function car rolled into one. having experienced powerful machines abroad, this animal is not so boring afterall; given our road and traffic situation. perhaps when i finally retire and has to go to the farm often, then i would need a 4x4 (multicab? he,he,he).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The 2.5d4d will be underpowered only when you add larger than stock tires like 18inch and up size rims,but if you are to compare it with a 3.0d4d,it will also be underpowered...But,there are ways you can do to add more power to its engine,as what we did with some forts,on 2.5 with oversize tires what we did was just regear it to compensate for the larger tires,just like driving a fort with stock tires,your torque gains will be higher,on the engine side we just install a tuning box to add more power..modification is the best way to make the 2.5d4d get more power,this modification will not void the warranty since it cannot be trace by the engine and computer's diagnostic,also if your having problem with your forts braking,theres an adjust that can be done to further enhance the braking power of the fort,,the difference is night and day....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Is 4x2 Fortuner 2.5 d4d underpower???