New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    The Innova's 2GD-FTV cleared India's BSIV (similar to Euro 6) which is good news for us.

I'm sure we'll see a diesel Innova until its next version.
    as well as the hybrid diesel powertrain (possible hybrid version of GD series engine) that rumors on the upcoming Hilux and the next gen Prado.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am not sure...
    i have been using AT for years now. i do not see why i should be enamored away from it by the cvt.
    there is this small thought behind my mind of reliability issues of cvt on heavier vehicles..
    CVTs are ideally designed for small and light vehicles.. maybe on this upcoming Avanza this might have a beefier and redesigned CVT for a 7-seater MPV.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    CVTs are ideally designed for small and light vehicles.. maybe on this upcoming Avanza this might have a beefier and redesigned CVT for a 7-seater MPV.
    Well, Subaru and Honda have both proven that CVTs will do for compact cars, midsize cars, and bigger crossovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    as well as the hybrid diesel powertrain (possible hybrid version of GD series engine) that rumors on the upcoming Hilux and the next gen Prado.
    There are rumors from India that the Innova's replacement will be using a Petrol-Hybrid set-up.

BSIV regulations will make the diesel variant too expensive.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    There are rumors from India that the Innova's replacement will be using a Petrol-Hybrid set-up.

BSIV regulations will make the diesel variant too expensive.
    they probably dont want the hassle of providing DEF stations for euro 6 diesel compliance

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    they probably dont want the hassle of providing DEF stations for euro 6 diesel compliance
    I can't find my source. But India will require 2 additional things to allow diesel vehicles. This is expected to make diesel versions of current vehicles too expensive.

In Thailand, majority of Toyota buyers prefer hybrid versions of the Corolla and Corolla Cross.

If we loose India and Thailand. I don't think Indonesia and Philippines has the market to convince Toyota to keep producing a diesel variant.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    2022 Toyota Avanza caught completely undisguised in Indonesia – is this the next-generation Perodua Alza? | Paultan

Crucially, this will allow the more car-like Perodua Alza to become a close sibling of the Toyota (and Daihatsu’s version, the Xenia). The national MPV is currently based on the Japanese-market Daihatsu Boon Luminas and Passo Sette, both of which have long been discontinued. The new Alza is rumoured to be launched in Malaysia at the end of the year.

Expect the cars to be powered by the same engines as the Raize, Rocky and Ativa – a 98 PS/140 Nm 1.0 litre turbocharged three cylinder and a naturally-aspirated 88 PS/113 Nm 1.2 litre unit (likely exclusive to the Indonesian market), paired to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT. The Avanza could also receive the Rocky e:Smart Hybrid‘s electrified 1.2 litre mill, which will likely be offered on the Ativa here.

Last but not least, the twin windscreen-mounted cameras on this Avanza confirms the inclusion of the Advanced Safety Assist (ASA) suite of driver assistance systems. These include autonomous emergency braking and, in the case of Perodua’s system, adaptive cruise control and lane centring assist.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast