New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys I would like to ask if its ok to use again the ordinary engine oil (usual type of engine oil used on brand new cars) on my 10,000 pms? 6L and 1L (tap-up daw?) were used on my 1,000 PMS and 5,000 PMS respectively. Can I go back to its original engine oil? To those who have done 10,000 PMS with same Innova model (Gas AT) magkano nagastos nyo on fully synthetic and non-synthetic naman? May iba pa bang papalitan aside from engine oil, oil filter, etc? How about automatic oil? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by boxanilin View Post
    Guys I would like to ask if its ok to use again the ordinary engine oil (usual type of engine oil used on brand new cars) on my 10,000 pms? 6L and 1L (tap-up daw?) were used on my 1,000 PMS and 5,000 PMS respectively. Can I go back to its original engine oil? To those who have done 10,000 PMS with same Innova model (Gas AT) magkano nagastos nyo on fully synthetic and non-synthetic naman? May iba pa bang papalitan aside from engine oil, oil filter, etc? How about automatic oil? Thanks in advance.
    bos,pde maitanong anu-anong scope of works ang kasama nung nagpa-10k km PMS ka?thanks!!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Based on your post, the CASA put in Fully synthetic oil during your 1,000 kms service. For your 5,000 kms service, they just changed the oil filter and supposedly top up 1 liter of motor oil.

Fully synthetic oil can be used for 10,000 kms with the usual change of oil filter every 5,000 kms.

"Ordinary engine oil" is called Mineral oil. Mineral oil cost about a quarter what fully synthetic oil goes for. Mineral oil needs to replaced/changed every 5,000 kms.

For the 10,000 kms service, the only thing that needs to be replaced are: Motor oil and oil filter. That's all.

Innova VVT-i (engine code: 1TR-FE) only requires less than 6 liters of oil. Kindly check the owner's manual for the exact figure. The casas are fond of overfilling the engine with oil by using up the 6 liters.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Based on your post, the CASA put in Fully synthetic oil during your 1,000 kms service. For your 5,000 kms service, they just changed the oil filter and supposedly top up 1 liter of motor oil.

Fully synthetic oil can be used for 10,000 kms with the usual change of oil filter every 5,000 kms.

"Ordinary engine oil" is called Mineral oil. Mineral oil cost about a quarter what fully synthetic oil goes for. Mineral oil needs to replaced/changed every 5,000 kms.

For the 10,000 kms service, the only thing that needs to be replaced are: Motor oil and oil filter. That's all.

Innova VVT-i (engine code: 1TR-FE) only requires less than 6 liters of oil. Kindly check the owner's manual for the exact figure. The casas are fond of overfilling the engine with oil by using up the 6 liters.
    Ano po effect kapag 6L nailagay sa 1tr engine?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemtin View Post
    Ano po effect kapag 6L nailagay sa 1tr engine?
    in theory,
    overfilling with oil may cause the oil in the sump to foam, because the rotating crankshaft will hit the liquid oil, causing the eggbeater effect.
    oil foam makes for a poor lubricant, which may result in a ruined engine..
    but i have never seen it...

some engine oils have anti-foaming additives, daw...

All about Innova Gas AT 10,000 PMS