New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    Hi Guys,

Any new Veloz 2022 owners here?

Just got ours a month ago (after several months in the Waiting List with several dealers)

Have been using it only for short City Driving so far, haven't had the chance to go outside the city yet.

Would love to compare notes and ask advice for accessories, etc.

Like now, Im wondering if its a good idea to get SEAT COVERS for it?

1. Its so new, there might not be "patterns" available yet with the seat cover makers. Or maybe theyre not yet "experts" on this model.

2. Im thinking it might be a waste of the nice stock leather-hybrid seats. Especially with the nice built in pouches already at the back of the front seats.

3. Im also thinking that an added seatcover might make the seats thicker that it might compromise the "SOFA MODE" which looks like a perfect fit at present.

Do people even use SEAT COVERS anymore these days? If only its full leather I would probably leave it as is, but since the VELOZ's seats are a LEATHER-FABRIC hybrid, Id worry about liquids, sweat and dust gathering on the fabric side.

Any opinion on this guys?
    Meron na template nyan ang seatmate. Nakakakuha sila ng dimensions ng upuan kasi sila din nagsusupply sa casa

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Enjoy mo muna new seats.
    Tsaka na mag seatcover kung worn na.
    Puwede din temporary iyong free cloth seatcovers.

Madalas leather seatcover may extra foam padding, sumisikip ang clearances ng cushions.
    Tapos na de-deform/squish actually ang original foam at seat material.

Congrats pala!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    question to the veloz owners... do you think it is worth the 200k extra from the upper variant avanza??

still deciding

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    was able to drive the Veloz of my officemate paakyat dito sa parking namin sa opis.. hala.. parang hirap na hirap sya.. compared don sa BRV ko..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    question to the veloz owners... do you think it is worth the 200k extra from the upper variant avanza??

still deciding
    i don't have a veloz, but

if it won't break the bank, go for it, po.
    that is, if you like the additives.

going from necessity (more basic model) to luxury (TOTL) is always a personal choice.
    if you make a survey, i am confident the opinions will be a varied lot.

if you haven't seen them yet,
    there are a few youtube comparison videos that you might be interested in.

happy splurging.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 8th, 2022 at 06:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post

still deciding
    For me, Its very much worth it. Veloz is now a brand of its own so Toyota is separating it from the Avanza brand.
    From the safety features (TSS) to the gadget upgrades to the "more pogi looks" (not really a factor to me TBH) , it does feel like its a Premium car

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    was able to drive the Veloz of my officemate paakyat dito sa parking namin sa opis.. hala.. parang hirap na hirap sya.. compared don sa BRV ko..
    Did you try using the "Power" setting? or Manual mode. Havent tried them out myself yet (needing more power), but I hear it makes a difference.
    But Im also a bit concerned if we ever will try going up to Baguio fully loaded.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Porchuner View Post
    Kakakuha lang namin ng Veloz last week...

TSS:
    1.5V with TSS honestly, annoying ang TSS pag city driving.
    Too much beeps and things happening. But I find it very useful sa expressway lalo pag gabi
    at medyo pagod ka or inaantok. Ok lang kahit walang cruise control. I never liked and trusted cruise control lalo dito sa atin.

TECH:
    Malabo yung camera niya, worst 360 interface. Thank you na din kahit paano nalimusan ni toyota ng camera.

Ok yung Apple Carplay at Android Auto. very helpful, accurate naman at responsive. medyo napapaisip lang and sobrang kamot ulo sa placement ng 12V at mga USB sa 1st row.

sa mga naka veloz jan ano ang gamit niyong dash cam?
    1. Agree on mga Beeps. And sobrang eskandaloso yung Beeps pag ng REVERSE. Masikip sa garage namin so very helpful talaga yung side and cameras. Tapos mga i person lang talaga pagitan from my other car when parking it kaya dikit na dikit. Nakaka stress and distracting ang mga warning beeps Hinahanap ko pa sa settings if I can reduce or mute this REVERSE warnings. Parang wala yata (puro shortcut kasi mga names ng customizable beeps, im figuring out what they all are pa

2. For the dashcam, IDK why they just didnt include a record to microsd feature sa camera system nila. I have a spare dashcam (from my other car na nasira yung rearcam and I replaced it w a new one. Tamang tama no need ko na siguro another rearcam). My concern is the wiring of the power. Dati kasi nirerekta sa Cig Lighter. Now since USB ports sya at nasa may passenger side, im not sure pano rektahin yun line. And baka di pa sanay mga Installer sa new Veloz ma void pa warranty if magka problem...

Would also like to know paano kaya... hmmm

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    If it's for protection of the seats from dirt but it's a personal car and you don't have pets or kids or don't allow eating inside, you don't need a seat cover. I noticed that after 10 years of ownership, my fabric seats are still clean and stain free.
    Ever since I was a kid kasi, my Dad always get seat covers and usually kasama ako bumili. (Kulduroy pa dati ang uso )

So when I started having my own cars, nasanay na ako.

And Dati nga even with the fabric or cloth type seatcovers, nagiging madumi din and requires washing. Pag pinalo mo malakas may cloud of dust

Yung naging uso na ang mga customized Leatherettes was a game changer. No need to wash, ok lang mabasa. Punas punas lang or may pang tanggal mantsa na cleaner.

Kaya nasanay lang. Hehe.

Also. We DO have a pet dog Although bihira lang sumasama sa mga lakad and so far behave naman di nagweewee pag nasa car. ...

Hmmm maybe I should post a thread on Seatcovers: Are they still needed these days sa Main forum..... might be interesting to see other people's take on this.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Meron na template nyan ang seatmate. Nakakakuha sila ng dimensions ng upuan kasi sila din nagsusupply sa casa

"Seatmate"? Is this a shop? Care to give details please?

Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Enjoy mo muna new seats.
    Tsaka na mag seatcover kung worn na.
    Puwede din temporary iyong free cloth seatcovers.

Madalas leather seatcover may extra foam padding, sumisikip ang clearances ng cushions.
    Tapos na de-deform/squish actually ang original foam at seat material.

Congrats pala!
    Thanks! Pahirapan talaga makakuha ng unit and we didnt get the 1st color we liked (White Pearl) or even 2nd choice (Silver). Had to settle for 3rd choice...Micah Red. Ok na rin

Teka nga... wala nga pala binigay ng Free Cloth cover ah.
    Pero ok lang bec its not that nice naman. Matatakpan yung Already Nice stock seats.

Our last car, Innova J , may kasamang Cloth seat cover. But its so thin and pangit (very plain and stiff) ang stock seats ng Innova J, I got new seatcovers immediately and discarded the freebie one (I tried giving it away, no one wanted it. LoL) .
    Huge improvement ng leatherette seatcover, naging mas malambot and maporma bec of the design. Also by then ilang years na sa market ang model na yun so perfect na ng mga makers ang sukat.

Here as I said, baka too new pa.

Yun nga rin ang iniisip ko, na kumapal bec of the foam. Baka di na mafold for SOFA MODE na enjoy na enjoy ng anak ko...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    "Seatmate"? Is this a shop? Care to give details please?

Thanks! Pahirapan talaga makakuha ng unit and we didnt get the 1st color we liked (White Pearl) or even 2nd choice (Silver). Had to settle for 3rd choice...Micah Red. Ok na rin

Teka nga... wala nga pala binigay ng Free Cloth cover ah.
    Pero ok lang bec its not that nice naman. Matatakpan yung Already Nice stock seats.

Our last car, Innova J , may kasamang Cloth seat cover. But its so thin and pangit (very plain and stiff) ang stock seats ng Innova J, I got new seatcovers immediately and discarded the freebie one (I tried giving it away, no one wanted it. LoL) .
    Huge improvement ng leatherette seatcover, naging mas malambot and maporma bec of the design. Also by then ilang years na sa market ang model na yun so perfect na ng mga makers ang sukat.

Here as I said, baka too new pa.

Yun nga rin ang iniisip ko, na kumapal bec of the foam. Baka di na mafold for SOFA MODE na enjoy na enjoy ng anak ko...
    Seatmate is in Mandaluyong. Near the cityhall/circle. kilala sila sa car industry and have good workmanship.

Magkakapatid ang owners ng seatmate(mandaluyong, sucat, antipolo), seat tailors(pasig), at MG square(qc)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast