New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by awtz912 View Post
    Contemplating between Veloz and Xpander. I'm leaning more to the Veloz since sister ko lang mostly ang gagamit and newbie driver sya, Toyota Safety Sense, IMO, is worth it. Did some browsing sa youtube for reviews and saw this vid. Now I'm thinking of getting an Innova E since konti lang naman difference, but this is just a few centimeters too big para magfit sa garage (dalawa na sila) and most likely is sa kalsada na lang mapark which is another worry for us. Im thinking of getting an Xpander kaso baka bitin din sa hatak if fully loaded then maipit sa steep na basement parkings or sa occasional Tagaytay/Baguio trips.

EDIT:
    ok, saw another vid na may comparo. Xpander was able to tackle the same incline though hirap talaga.

if you are worried about hatak baka pareho lang ang xpander at veloz both are 1.5 gas. di ko lang which uses cvt or a conventional lock up torque converter AT.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    if you are worried about hatak baka pareho lang ang xpander at veloz both are 1.5 gas. di ko lang which uses cvt or a conventional lock up torque converter AT.
    Couldn't understand the videos posted but when they tried the Veloz Standing Start, I think they wrote down Power Settings only right? Not the Transmission position whether in Drive or what gear they left it in manual mode right?

I assumed from the video the standing start was also done using the brake pedal and not starting from a hand brake engaged position to allow them to raise the rpm first before disengaging?

They also did it on a 18 degree incline which is not normal at all. That is about +/-32.5percent incline (meaning for a 1000mm length, it needs to go up +/-325mm in height). For parking garage ramps, per experience, normal range is 16% to 20%. But some "extreme" designs push it to 25% slope. I have not seen at 30% parking ramp, unless it was incorrectly done as it is just in violation of design standards.

Granted, as they showed, it was not a parking ramp but just a road in the "outskirts" of a city. So they do exist but I wouldn't call it normal driving condition anymore.

EDIT: Just rewatched the video, the car was climbing with the rpm just hovering 2k rpm. Does the CVT of the Veloz (or even Avanza) locally, not have a L or low mode (assuming there is no manual mode)? That way they could pin it to just first gear and let the rpm go higher when in a climb? Normally when there is no manual mode for the CVT transmission, they'd have at least a Sport Mode or Low Mode to allow the engine to rev up more right?

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by awtz912 View Post
    Contemplating between Veloz and Xpander. I'm leaning more to the Veloz since sister ko lang mostly ang gagamit and newbie driver sya, Toyota Safety Sense, IMO, is worth it. Did some browsing sa youtube for reviews and saw this vid. Now I'm thinking of getting an Innova E since konti lang naman difference, but this is just a few centimeters too big para magfit sa garage (dalawa na sila) and most likely is sa kalsada na lang mapark which is another worry for us. Im thinking of getting an Xpander kaso baka bitin din sa hatak if fully loaded then maipit sa steep na basement parkings or sa occasional Tagaytay/Baguio trips.

EDIT:
    ok, saw another vid na may comparo. Xpander was able to tackle the same incline though hirap talaga.
    If worried ka sa standstill incline, wait for the new BR-V instead. Pero tingin ko non-issue yan. Daming Avanza Xpander sa Baguio, di naman hirap umahon kahit lubog na likuran sa sobrang puno.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Kakakuha lang namin ng Veloz last week...

TSS:
    1.5V with TSS honestly, annoying ang TSS pag city driving.
    Too much beeps and things happening. But I find it very useful sa expressway lalo pag gabi
    at medyo pagod ka or inaantok. Ok lang kahit walang cruise control. I never liked and trusted cruise control lalo dito sa atin.

SUSPENSION:
    Maganda solid or buo yung feels niya sa hindi magandang daan, hindi siya floaty at hallow parang ganun...

ENGINE:
    Pwede na... Responsive naman saktong sakto lang siya. Mabagal sa akyatan pero expected na yun. and di ka naman mabibitin, magiging mabagal ka lang talaga. Siguro mas ok kung 1.8L to or 1.5 with turbo.

TECH:
    Malabo yung camera niya, worst 360 interface. Thank you na din kahit paano nalimusan ni toyota ng camera.

Ok yung Apple Carplay at Android Auto. very helpful, accurate naman at responsive. medyo napapaisip lang and sobrang kamot ulo sa placement ng 12V at mga USB sa 1st row.

sa mga naka veloz jan ano ang gamit niyong dash cam?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Couldn't understand the videos posted but when they tried the Veloz Standing Start, I think they wrote down Power Settings only right? Not the Transmission position whether in Drive or what gear they left it in manual mode right?

I assumed from the video the standing start was also done using the brake pedal and not starting from a hand brake engaged position to allow them to raise the rpm first before disengaging?

They also did it on a 18 degree incline which is not normal at all. That is about +/-32.5percent incline (meaning for a 1000mm length, it needs to go up +/-325mm in height). For parking garage ramps, per experience, normal range is 16% to 20%. But some "extreme" designs push it to 25% slope. I have not seen at 30% parking ramp, unless it was incorrectly done as it is just in violation of design standards.

Granted, as they showed, it was not a parking ramp but just a road in the "outskirts" of a city. So they do exist but I wouldn't call it normal driving condition anymore.

EDIT: Just rewatched the video, the car was climbing with the rpm just hovering 2k rpm. Does the CVT of the Veloz (or even Avanza) locally, not have a L or low mode (assuming there is no manual mode)? That way they could pin it to just first gear and let the rpm go higher when in a climb? Normally when there is no manual mode for the CVT transmission, they'd have at least a Sport Mode or Low Mode to allow the engine to rev up more right?
    I think it was a good test, especially for a third-world country in the provinces madaming roads that are not up to code.

Anyways for a bit of trivia the steepest roads in San Francisco:

1. Bradford above Tompkins (41% grade)
    2. Romolo between Vallejo and Fresno (37.5% grade)
    3. Prentiss between Chapman and Powhattan (37% grade)
    4. Nevada above Chapman (35% grade)
    5. Baden above Mangels (34% grade)
    6. Ripley between Peralta and Alabama (31.5% grade)
    7. 24th between De Haro and Rhode Island (31.5% grade)
    8. Filbert between Hyde and Leavenworth (31.5% grade)
    9. 22nd between Vicksburg and Church (31.5% grade)
    10. Broadway above Taylor (31% grade)
    11. 23rd above Carolina (31% grade)

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I think it was a good test, especially for a third-world country in the provinces madaming roads that are not up to code.

Anyways for a bit of trivia the steepest roads in San Francisco:

1. Bradford above Tompkins (41% grade)
    2. Romolo between Vallejo and Fresno (37.5% grade)
    3. Prentiss between Chapman and Powhattan (37% grade)
    4. Nevada above Chapman (35% grade)
    5. Baden above Mangels (34% grade)
    6. Ripley between Peralta and Alabama (31.5% grade)
    7. 24th between De Haro and Rhode Island (31.5% grade)
    8. Filbert between Hyde and Leavenworth (31.5% grade)
    9. 22nd between Vicksburg and Church (31.5% grade)
    10. Broadway above Taylor (31% grade)
    11. 23rd above Carolina (31% grade)
    Yes. More than 25%, i wouldnt expect for parking ramps but mountain roads mainly.

I do wonder about their test. Why their climb was pegged to around 2k rpm only. I couldnt see it in photos but the cvt transmission, does it not have a pseudo manual mode, sport mode or low mode?

Because if they did that in drive only, that risks overheating the transmission under continous use at that steep of an incline

In that situation i expected for it to at least be 3k rpm or higher if it was an honest attempt to climb.
    At 2k rpm, that's mainly to keep it from rolling back for most of the available power at that rpm

EDIT: Found photos of local units at TGPh and CGPh reviews. Both the Avanza and Veloz don't have L but have a manual mode for the CVT. So it really doesn't make sense for a steep hill climb to be done in D only or in 2000rpm range only. I find that aspect a little silly if the test conditions limit the climb at 2000rpm for such a steep incline. It makes no sense.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Porchuner View Post

TSS:
    Too much beeps and things happening. But I find it very useful sa expressway lalo pag gabi
    at medyo pagod ka or inaantok. Ok lang kahit walang cruise control. I never liked and trusted cruise control lalo dito sa atin.

SUSPENSION:
    Maganda solid or buo yung feels niya sa hindi magandang daan, hindi siya floaty at hallow parang ganun...

ENGINE:
    Pwede na... Responsive naman saktong sakto lang siya. Mabagal sa akyatan pero expected na yun. and di ka naman mabibitin, magiging mabagal ka lang talaga. Siguro mas ok kung 1.8L to or 1.5 with turbo.

TECH:
    Malabo yung camera niya, worst 360 interface. Thank you na din kahit paano nalimusan ni toyota ng camera.

Ok yung Apple Carplay at Android Auto. very helpful, accurate naman at responsive. medyo napapaisip lang and sobrang kamot ulo sa placement ng 12V at mga USB sa 1st row.

Sayang talaga yun missing cruise control. Fam usually travels outside the metro. They do use the cruise control sa expressway.

How are the headlights pala?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Porchuner View Post

TSS:

SUSPENSION:

ENGINE:

TECH:

How's the fuel consumption of your Veloz?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi Guys,

Any new Veloz 2022 owners here?

Just got ours a month ago (after several months in the Waiting List with several dealers)

Have been using it only for short City Driving so far, haven't had the chance to go outside the city yet.

Would love to compare notes and ask advice for accessories, etc.

Like now, Im wondering if its a good idea to get SEAT COVERS for it?

1. Its so new, there might not be "patterns" available yet with the seat cover makers. Or maybe theyre not yet "experts" on this model.

2. Im thinking it might be a waste of the nice stock leather-hybrid seats. Especially with the nice built in pouches already at the back of the front seats.

3. Im also thinking that an added seatcover might make the seats thicker that it might compromise the "SOFA MODE" which looks like a perfect fit at present.

Do people even use SEAT COVERS anymore these days? If only its full leather I would probably leave it as is, but since the VELOZ's seats are a LEATHER-FABRIC hybrid, Id worry about liquids, sweat and dust gathering on the fabric side.

Any opinion on this guys?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    If it's for protection of the seats from dirt but it's a personal car and you don't have pets or kids or don't allow eating inside, you don't need a seat cover. I noticed that after 10 years of ownership, my fabric seats are still clean and stain free.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast