New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Yikes. Almost a gen1 innova with a pitiful 1.3 liter engine. Hirap na hirap siguro yan
    the body is lighter, thanks to its new platform

plus I'm sure Toyota tuned the engine and CVT to handle the load.

comparing the new Avanza E vs the Rush on paper, the Avanza is only 4hp and 12Nm "weaker" than the Rush. Note that the heaviest Avanza is 60kg lighter than the lightest Rush

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yikes. Almost a gen1 innova with a pitiful 1.3 liter engine. Hirap na hirap siguro yan

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    ... baka latang darigold ang katawan, to save on weight...
    heh heh.
    joke lang po.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It might hirap when fully loaded. Much better get a manual version than a cvt.

They should make the 1.5L as standard across the range. Like its competitors.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The new Avanza is only slightly heavier than the Vios.
    Base 1.3J weighs 1090kg, top 1.5G CVT weighs 1140kg.

The 1st gen Innova is about 160mm longer, 40mm wider, and about 55mm taller than the new Avanza. The Innova also uses a heavier body on frame construction, while the new Avanza uses a stretched version of the lightweight DNGA platform used by the Raize.

*The gasoline 2.0 AT variant of the old Innova/Kijang is about 410kg (903.9 pounds) heavier than the Avanza 1.5G CVT.
    Last edited by AG4; March 21st, 2022 at 09:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The 2022 Toyota Avanza Veloz gets a 5-star rating from the ASEAN NCAP | AutoDeal

The report is summarized as follows: Adult occupancy protection was scored at a very respectable 34.88 out of 40, Child occupancy proctection at 17.17 out of 20, safety assist at 16.03 out of 20, and Motorcyclist safety was rated at 11.92 out of 20. Even with a few shortcomings, the Avanza Veloz still managed to score top marks with a five-star rating and an overall score of 79.99 out of 100.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    I've been looking over the brochure/spec sheet of the Avanza for my brother and I have to say, if you are even just considering the 1.3E CVT, you should just go straight with the 1.5G CVT instead because there is only a 50k price difference in SRP.

For that 50k price difference, you get the slightly larger engine, additional 4 airbags, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Tilt Telescopic Steering (instead of just Tilt). The push start is something I wish the G trim didn't have though because if it does end up breaking down the line, repair will be expensive.

For airbags, I automatically just assume a price of 20k for each additional one. So given that assumption, the 50k price difference is already covered by the airbags alone. So it is very much worth it.

I can't say the same for the Raize in this regard because it has a 120k price difference between the TOTL 1.0 Turbo and the next 1.2E trim. Difference are similar between the 2 trims, but since the price difference is larger, I can't really say the 1.0G Raize would be the "better buy".

EDIT: I can't believe dealers still take out the Tilt Telescopic feature of a vehicle, especially for a family hauler that is possibly going to have more than 1 driver in its lifetime. It is something I wish they didn't take out in their lineup. I'd understand it a little if it was taken out for the basemodel, but it should exist as standard in the rest of the lineup. It's one thing I don't like about the 1.9L Dmax FB we bought. I understand it is a service vehicle given it's nature, but I can't really find a real comfortable driving position for my hands given the limited range of adjustments of the seat and steering wheel. My two cents.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    any feedback so far from those whou bought the new avanza? thanks.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mustardseed View Post
    any feedback so far from those whou bought the new avanza? thanks.
    I would suggest that you join FB Groups and observe

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I would suggest that you join FB Groups and observe
    thank you sir

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    anyone with this mpv? how is your experience?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314