New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Its got a 50mm longer wheelbase, longer ovetall, wider and taller. Definitely all new.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    On ladder-frame vehicles a length extension is trivial. I guess it is technically "all-new", but I don't think it'll feel like a completely different car.

Plus I bet many of the same limitations of the LC200 will still be there: Like the high floor for the back seat and loading area, since the rear portion of the LC300 frame is still raised just like the LC200's.

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    On ladder-frame vehicles a length extension is trivial. I guess it is technically "all-new", but I don't think it'll feel like a completely different car.

Plus I bet many of the same limitations of the LC200 will still be there: Like the high floor for the back seat and loading area, since the rear portion of the LC300 frame is still raised just like the LC200's.
    Downside of ladder frames, high cabin floors, lower headroom. These frames are purposely designed so suspension mounts onto those parts so flattening it will compromise space for suspension travel.

Explains why the Pajero CK/BK was revolutionary, frame was built-in with the unibody design. Low CoG, rides and handles better without the compromise of a weaker chassis.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    so the only major change was the body, gizmos, engine and tranny? Is the 300's frame was a carryover from the 200?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yes ladder frames are compromised in handling and in space packaging.

But i will choose a ladder frame SUV all day/every day over a monocoque. Toughness and durability and mods (!!!!!) For overlanding or offroading.

Most super expensive luxury SUVs are monocoque. Nice. But the LC200 has always held its own against them and then some. But the offroad afficionados still vastly prefer the ladder frame SUVs. And for overlanding...its not even a contest.

For some reason ladder frame SUVs hold their value more in the Philippines. I guess because of the diesel engine combos.

Im very excited for the launch. 310 hp and 670Nm on the diesel will make it more lively.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by EQAddict; April 24th, 2021 at 03:09 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hope the 3rd row seats will stow under the floor instead of folding to the sides.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Doubt it. Sides pa rin yan. Trademark toyota

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Doubt it. Sides pa rin yan. Trademark toyota

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Bat yung sa prado flat folding naman ah? Hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ▅▆█ JASPER █▆▅ View Post

Sana niretain na lang yung design ng dating side mirror pero overall, it's looking good. Amporma pala nung base na model unlike dun sa high end na madaming kits, etc.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Side mirrors attached to the door are better for visibility ...