New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    LCs were never known for V8 engines, only the 100 series got the 4.7 V8 petrol, 200 series got the 4.7/5.7L V8 petrol and 4.5 V8 diesel.

They always had a 6 cylinder all the way back to the BJ so it's not surprising. Curious if it'll be a V6 since Toyota has never developed a V6 diesel ever.

Also read some absurd rumor wherein this 3.3 will be sourced from Mazda which is coincidentally developing an I6 diesel for the next-gen 6 and CX-5/50. That ain't happening, was there ever a time Toyota used a non-Toyota engine for its in-house designed and not-rebadged vehicles?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Blueprint found in FB supposedly official files from toyota with rendering based off the blueprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    More LC300 news from the largest market of LC in the world.
    221 Toyota LandCruiser 3 Series engine specs revealed - report | CarExpert

3.3L V6 turbo diesel.
    230kW (308hp)
    687Nm
    10 speed AT

3.5 V6 turbo petrol (from Lexus LS)
    313kW (420hp)
    589Nm
    10 speed AT

We obviously will only be getting the 3.3L V6 diesel. Expecting the next Prado and the GR Hilux/Fortuner to be receiving this mill.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    After having twin turbo gas and twin turbo diesel engines.... i have to say....im a convert to gas. Even with the consumption. Power, torque curve, smoothness, et al.... gas beats the diesel except for economy.

Though i will take whatever they offer here at launch.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    After having twin turbo gas and twin turbo diesel engines.... i have to say....im a convert to gas. Even with the consumption. Power, torque curve, smoothness, et al.... gas beats the diesel except for economy.

Though i will take whatever they offer here at launch.

Ford wouldn’t ditch the big 5.4L V8 for the Expedition if that potent 3.5L V6 twin turbo couldn’t get the job done.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Also read some absurd rumor wherein this 3.3 will be sourced from Mazda which is coincidentally developing an I6 diesel for the next-gen 6 and CX-5/50. That ain't happening, was there ever a time Toyota used a non-Toyota engine for its in-house designed and not-rebadged vehicles?
    Toyota had done so on two occasions as a stopgap solution for the european market only i think? The lovelife corolla in 2000 had the 2C-E diesel replaced with a PSA sourced engine badged as the 1WZ(probably the PSA DW8) to meet Euro 3 until the 1CD D4D engine was ready. The most recent would be the 1WW engine that was a BMW N47 modified for use in the Avensis, Corolla, and RAV4 for Euro VI compliance before they shifted to selling hybrids in the EU market.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    More LC300 news from the largest market of LC in the world.

We obviously will only be getting the 3.3L V6 diesel. Expecting the next Prado and the GR Hilux/Fortuner to be receiving this mill.
    Much more expecting if the GR Innova will get these engines as well.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The landcruiser will lose some of its aura if it shares its engine with the fortuner and innova (and heaven forbid a Mazda 6 !!!!!!) Even if they are the GR variants. I get the market conquering strategy of toyota. But as a fanboy...it kinda loses its luster.

The V8 D4D diesel was special because it could only be found in the LC200. And vice versa. It was the King of the Hill. The Prado and the others were a clear rung or two lower in the food chain.

Last edited by EQAddict; April 15th, 2021 at 08:30 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The landcruiser will lose some of its aura if it shares its engine with the fortuner and innova (and heaven forbid a Mazda 6 !!!!!!) Even if they are the GR variants. I get the market conquering strategy of toyota. But as a fanboy...it kinda loses its luster.

The V8 D4D diesel was special because it could only be found in the LC200. And vice versa. It was the King of the Hill. The Prado and the others were a clear rung or two lower in the food chain.

News just confirms that Toyota won't be slapping a Mazda-sourced diesel on its most revered nameplate, basing it on engine code and configuration. So the LC will still be a Toyota through and through.

But rumors have been consistent for months now, that at least the Hilux GR will be getting the same V6 diesel.

It's the Prado that needs this new V6, even if detuned from the big boy LC. Always felt lacking with the 2.8L. Will also benefit from JPEPA if having higher than 3L displacement.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ford wouldn’t ditch the big 5.4L V8 for the Expedition if that potent 3.5L V6 twin turbo couldn’t get the job done.

But they're bring back the V8, this time with forced induction!

222 Ford F-15 Raptor R: Everything We Know About the V-8 Supertruck

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast