New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what's the difference between the real yaris and the un-real yaris?
    The ASEAN XP150 Yaris had the extended wheelbase of the Gen 2 Vios for both Sedan(Vios) and Hatchback compared to the then current XP130 variant for Europe.The European XP210 is one generation ahead and is on the newer TNGA-B platform instead of the B platform the previous yaris' were based on with the GR4 having the multi link rear suspension from the current gen corolla/GA-C platform.

I doubt we will see the european yaris anytime soon with rumors only pointing to the above facelift to be launched in 2021 for brazil.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    EU Yaris has a more premium interior with less space, since hindi naman KBD for EU buyers ang interior space. Bringing that here will give you an expensive and cramped subcompact.

So the Yaris that works for Europe is not the same Yaris that sells for ASEAN.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Haba na ng listahan ng mga kotse na puro puri sa internet tapos never bumebenta in real life 2020 Yaris

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    That’s cause most people don’t read the internet when researching about cars. Sa nakikita ko, usually they stick with the safest brands they know, or they go with the most popular cars they see on the road... or maybe they’ll ask for advice personally from friends etc.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Unfortunately the local plant is producing these and its based on the old 3rd gen platform of the vios.

We won't be getting the "new gen yaris" til 2023-2025 - Santa Rosa TMP Upgrade?
    Or retooling of the santa rosa plant to build tnga vehicles. If the next gen vios (5th gen) will be riding on tnga platform.

I think the yaris/vios hatch is assembled in thailand? Last time when i checked my friend's 2015 yaris has the sticker on the door jamb says mfd. By toyota motor thailand. Maybe Toyota motor phils. already assembling 2019-present model yaris.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Or retooling of the santa rosa plant to build tnga vehicles. If the next gen vios (5th gen) will be riding on tnga platform.

I think the yaris/vios hatch is assembled in thailand? Last time when i checked my friend's 2015 yaris has the sticker on the door jamb says mfd. By toyota motor thailand. Maybe Toyota motor phils. already assembling 2019-present model yaris.

wiki says its still on its 3rd gen.. I think TMP started assembling the yaris since 2017.

Toyota Vios - Wikipedia

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    driven one 2 weeks ago..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    driven one 2 weeks ago..

what do you think?
    is it worth the asking price?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    because its a toyota....nothing cheap..

well for a 24k base model, id rather get a corolla hatch..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    driven one 2 weeks ago..

What's the black hubcap looking on your front wheel?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    What's the black hubcap looking on your front wheel?

its a wheel protector during shipping. I think its only from japan factories, not sure if the thai factory does this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast