New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Ladder frame is a type of chassis where the body of the car is built on

MacPherson and/or Multi-links are types of suspensions.

Ladder frames can also have any type of suspension, depending on whether it has solid or independent axles.
    Yes but typically monocoque crossovers come with macpherson struts while ladder frames come with wishbones at the front and coils/multi-link rears.

CX9, Explorer, CRV, CX5, etc - all have McPherson/Multi-Link while Fortuner, Montero, Prado, etc all have wishbones.

You're right that one is a chassis and the other is a suspension type but the configurations typically go hand in hand.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have no horse in the game (wala naman ako PPV) pero I just find it interesting that people throw so much flak at PPVs but at the end of the day, they're among the best-selling cars today.

Ika nga sa sports, haters. PPV parang Lebron/Lewis na super successful na, pero meron pa ring maghahanap ng kapintasan. 2020 Toyota Fortuner (mid life update)(spy photos thailand)

Pag pinuntahan mo thread ng kahit anong CUV, walang kabuhay buhay, not much activity vs PPVs. Walang pintas, pero wala ring benta in real life.

So for me interesting idissect - ano ba typically opinion ng mga tao online sa PPV, and grounded ba on reality/data/facts 'to? So kunware yang PPV = ladder frame = truck. Kung yun nga ang reason why mababa ang tingin sa PPV, eh Prado and Pajero din ganun so what gives?

ang basehan ko kung global ang isang car o regional

if it is sold in the US Europe Japan

kung ASEAN lang .... for me it's like the car manufacturer is saying:

1 - mababa naman standard ng mga tao diyan they'll buy whatever we sell em

2 - those countries have less strict / no regulations on safety so we can sell em cars that wouldn't be allowed in the US Europe Japan

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yung Expedition is truck-based also. It uses the same platform as the F150. However, these American trucks are on a different league from the usual crop of pickups we are used to. You can practically buy two medium-sized pickup trucks for the price of one F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ang basehan ko kung global ang isang car o regional

if it is sold in the US Europe Japan

kung ASEAN lang .... for me it's like the car manufacturer is saying:

1 - mababa naman standard ng mga tao diyan they'll buy whatever we sell em

2 - those countries have less strict / no regulations on safety so we can sell em cars that wouldn't be allowed in the US Europe Japan
    Magkaiba yung global/regional scope vs una mong sinabing pangtruck yung ilalim.

Fair point that these PPVs are typically made for developing markets (ANZ as the exception), but it's not because of having a ladder frame chassis because higher-end SUVs also have these truck underpinnings.

Sa US/EU/Japan, meron nang 4Runner as the ladder-frame offering. Gas-fed though kasi hindi naman mahilig mga kano sa diesel, while in Europe/Japan, hindi sila mahilig sa SUV in general so niche market lang tong mga ladder-frame SUVs.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mabenta nga naman talaga ang mga fortuner / montero

wala naman debate diyan

mabenta mga ganyan coz it's affordable luxury

kumbaga sa bag Coach Kate Spade Michael Kors

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Let's not forget: LC200 is ladder-frame too!

Pajero went monocoque and 4-wheel independent suspension a long time ago. 1999 with the 3rd Gen, but suspension components are still super beefy and long travel when compared to cars.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I own both a PPV and a compact CUV. They are in the same price range. While the CUV is superior in most aspects, for our usage it fails in the interior space department. All compact CUVs have limited boot space and a narrow cabin compared to the bigger PPVs. PPVs are midsized SUVs. These are a size up even if the compact CUVs have the interior packaging advantage due to being a monocoque. Even the midsized CUVs (CX-9, Sta Fe, Sorento) have limited boot space and are typically more expensive.

I find that we use the CUV whenever we go out casually. But for long road trips where a lot of luggage is needed, we tend to use the PPV. For me, nothing wrong with whatever you buy. Just as long as you are aware of each one's strengths and shortcomings.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Magkaiba yung global/regional scope vs una mong sinabing pangtruck yung ilalim.

Fair point that these PPVs are typically made for developing markets (ANZ as the exception), but it's not because of having a ladder frame chassis because higher-end SUVs also have these truck underpinnings.

Sa US/EU/Japan, meron nang 4Runner as the ladder-frame offering. Gas-fed though kasi hindi naman mahilig mga kano sa diesel, while in Europe/Japan, hindi sila mahilig sa SUV in general so niche market lang tong mga ladder-frame SUVs.

basically ang point ko a RAV4 or CRV or Subaru is more or less the same when it's being sold in developed and developing countries

-

gumawa ka ng sasakyan na hindi papasa sa standard ng US or Japan domestic market, ano yun?

backward country kasi tayo?

don't get me started on that Isuzu Elf turned into passenger van

this is so 3rd world

ang baba ng tingin ng Hapon sa atin

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mabenta nga naman talaga ang mga fortuner / montero

wala naman debate diyan

mabenta mga ganyan coz it's affordable luxury

kumbaga sa bag Coach Kate Spade Michael Kors
    I like this analogy. Coach/Kate Spade bags are entry-level brands but for many people, these are already a splurge. Same case with 2-million peso cars (whether CUV yan or PPV).

Yun nga lang, yung PPV parang Coach (recognizable ng lahat) while CUV/midsize sedan parang Furla - hindi lahat nakakarecognize but those who know, know that it's a good brand.

LC200 would be a Prada (well-known, highly respected, not overly expensive in the grand scheme of things) while high-end stuff like the G-wagen would be your Hermes.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    basically ang point ko a RAV4 or CRV or Subaru is more or less the same when it's being sold in developed and developing countries

-

gumawa ka ng sasakyan na hindi papasa sa standard ng US or Japan domestic market, ano yun?

backward country kasi tayo?

don't get me started on that Isuzu Elf turned into passenger van

this is so 3rd world

ang baba ng tingin ng Hapon sa atin
    Accepted naman sa Australia yung PPVs. Even Ford had to design the Everest from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk