New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    In my experience, torque steer won’t be a problem unless you step on the gas pedal quickly. Wala kasi nag eenforce ng speed limit dito banda sa amin, tapos wide and open roads with some tricycles and trucks, so we have the luxury of going quite fast but of course, in a reasonably safe manner. Tapos yung Mazda 6, hindi ba medyo mabagal? Yung mga napanood ko na videos, it took more than 7 seconds para umabot ng 100km/h...
    7 sec if you use ordinary fuel since it only makes 228 hp at that tune. 250 hp if premium fuel so that should cut your 0-100 by a few tenths.

2018 Mazda6 Turbo 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

Anyway super OT na, BTT - the facelifted Fortuner has addressed most of the concerns of the current model (power, features, etc) and is poised to continue its dominance as the best-selling PPV in the market.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The LC200 is not even fast at all. Its super heavy. Its torquey because of the twin turbos and v8. But in no way is it fast.

Have to tune it (40k pesos or so) to unleash the power. Which i have done to both of mine. The DP chip LC200 is much faster than my speedlab ecu tuned LC200.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Tuned Q vs Tuned LC.... that sounds fun... ppv fast lol..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think they nailed every price range from 1.7-2.4M. Since you've mentioned the "Q", It does tick all the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Yes for speed sensing but NO for airbags... only front driver and passenger? 2020 Toyota Fortuner (mid life update)(spy photos thailand)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same sentiment here. a 2m worth unit with only 2/3 airbags? Most cars with a 3rd of its price has minimum of 6 airbags already. Though taking the airbags deletion out of the equation the Q model is the best buy of the bunch with the right amount of tech and amenities plus that more powerful 2.8 diesel engine on a 2wd unit.

I remember the current Fortuner when first released, the Fortuner G model had rear Drum brakes and sales agents were giving us some Marketing BS about it being better than disc brakes. But lo and behold after 6 months or more i think totyota updated new fortuners with disc brakes in the rear.

so i might be guessing toyota might do the same for this facelifted Fortuner and adding 4 more airbags in the near future if enough buyers clamor for it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Same sentiment here. a 2m worth unit with only 2/3 airbags? Most cars with a 3rd of its price has minimum of 6 airbags already. Though taking the airbags deletion out of the equation the Q model is the best buy of the bunch with the right amount of tech and amenities plus that more powerful 2.8 diesel engine on a 2wd unit.

I remember the current Fortuner when first released, the Fortuner G model had rear Drum brakes and sales agents were giving us some Marketing BS about it being better than disc brakes. But lo and behold after 6 months or more i think totyota updated new fortuners with disc brakes in the rear.

so i might be guessing toyota might do the same for this facelifted Fortuner and adding 4 more airbags in the near future if enough buyers clamor for it.
    If you based the specs, baka lalangawin LTD variant nyan if lagyan nila ng 6 Airbags ang Q variant.
    9 JBL Speaker, 12V:2, Downhill Assist, at two tone color nalang differentiator nila sa Q if ganun.
    Mga naghahanap ng 4x4 nalang cgro bibili ng LTD if ganun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post

Seems to be that they are targeting the GLS and GT 4x2 monty with the Q and Ltd 4x2 albeit they are including AEB(safety sense) hence the price premium(+ the oval tax)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    If you based the specs, baka lalangawin LTD variant nyan if lagyan nila ng 6 Airbags ang Q variant.
    9 JBL Speaker, 12V:2, Downhill Assist, at two tone color nalang differentiator nila sa Q if ganun.
    Mga naghahanap ng 4x4 nalang cgro bibili ng LTD if ganun.
    Actually the LTD models are totally different in the looks department. not just the two tone color pero the bumper seems way different. Airbags should not be a basis for having to buy the TOTL model. It should be part of any well equipped car nowadays. Even Toyotas lower to mid tier Vios has 6 airbags. Why not this which cost almost 3x that.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/image...854.jpg&w=1280
    Q model

https://www.autoindustriya.com/image...58_3.jpg&w=860
    LTD model

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Mas maganda harap/likod ng G V Q, kaysa sa LTD. Based sa specifications, mukhang mas tama gawing E G V models. Kaso siguro sa marketing mas mabango kung higher trim names ang gamitin. Maganda maglabas ng Fortuner J with steelies, pang laban sa bare MUX LS.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Semi OT:

Since naka confine ang vios ko sa casa, once na tumawag kung magkano ang assessment ng maintenance, makakapunta ako sa showroom...

Quite interesting ang facelift/upgrade ng Fortuner, maraming added features, lalo sa TOTL ng 4x4 & 4x2 variant..

Since, pwede naman mag "indent-order"..

kung sa range ng 2.4M+, for PPV based, lalo kung previous vehicle is PPV, for me, madaling maumay at magsawa, dahil sa additional features ang reason(s)... (lalo kung personal driving at walang personal/family driver)

Jump ako sa Camry, or LC150...

And wait for 2021, Kung si Camry, indent order si Red Mica.. willing to wait ng 6 months, pwede pang mag-lump sum sa banko lalo pag approved sa loan, at once na dumating ang unit, saka sisimulan ang monthly amortization.

Kung merong 4x4 6speed M/T, or si Prado 2.8 6speed M/T...

Bakit ko gusto M/T?

Business purposes, Weekend Driving... Bihira naman gamitin at nasa garage lagi..

Kung everyday usage at merong personal driver, lalo kung business purposes, Get the TOTL,

pero kung walang personal/family driver.. Get the good model variant na magiging happy...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-fortuner.html

This the reasons why Toyota PH dropped the 2.7 gas engine.

"No one buys gas forts anymore."

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-fortuner.html

This the reasons why Toyota PH dropped the 2.7 gas engine.

"No one buys gas forts anymore."
    Some articles nowadays...

He didnt mention the awful fuel consumption in crawling traffic.