New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    IS350. Great car pero mahal na. Magkano base model? 3M?
    Iba yung comfortable at mabilis, sa outright mabilis lang like WRX and Type R.
    IS350 - You can buy a used one for around 1.5M nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    IS350. Great car pero mahal na. Magkano base model? 3M?
    Iba yung comfortable at mabilis, sa outright mabilis lang like WRX and Type R.
    3M for the base, 3.4M for the F-Sport. Relative to other cars sulit pa rin IS350 because of JPEPA.

No other market you'll find an IS350 cheaper than a 320i or 318d, or Mustang V8, or CTR.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Very good option considering the IS has remained unchanged mechanically since 2013.

One of the very first to get the famed ZF 8AT. V6 engine is bulletproof, if a bit old.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013

And that’s what I’m saying. You’ll have to turn to the 2nd hand market to get a 3.5 V6 kung budget mo around 2M. Our market today is saturated with SUVs in that price range. Not everybody wants PPVs and CUVs. Meron din naman siguro minority na tulad ko.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    And that’s what I’m saying. You’ll have to turn to the 2nd hand market to get a 3.5 V6 kung budget mo around 2M. Our market today is saturated with SUVs in that price range. Not everybody wants PPVs and CUVs. Meron din naman siguro minority na tulad ko.
    Mazda 6 2.5 Turbo nga if you want bnew. Same performance as a 3.5 V6 (around 6.5s 0-100).

Problem with FWD 3.5 V6s is that they're very prone to torque steer so hard to get the power down so any power above 250 hp typically wasted. The hardcore FWDs like the CTR have so much electronic wizardry to get around it but you won't find that in a family sedan that's not performance oriented anyway.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    V6 NA engines are beginning to die out as option for most carmakers. There are a few exceptions like Lexus. Most are leaning towards turbocharged 4-bangers as they are getting better and more powerful nowadays. Mercedes is fielding a turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder in its small and medium cars with an output of well over 400hp. 220-250 hp for a turbo 4 is the lower end in terms of output nowadays.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Have driven 2.0 turbos and have driven 3.5 V6s. 2.0 turbo has more useable power early on which is what you typically need 80% of the time for city driving and overtaking on provincial roads. V6 is best if you will drive hard at high rpm continuously, which is rare except on the track.

So even if most 2.0 turbos are only in the 240-280 hp range, same useable power siya as a 300 hp 3.5 V6 and has a quicker butt dyno feel.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mazda 6 2.5 Turbo nga if you want bnew. Same performance as a 3.5 V6 (around 6.5s 0-100).

Problem with FWD 3.5 V6s is that they're very prone to torque steer so hard to get the power down so any power above 250 hp typically wasted. The hardcore FWDs like the CTR have so much electronic wizardry to get around it but you won't find that in a family sedan that's not performance oriented anyway.

In my experience, torque steer won’t be a problem unless you step on the gas pedal quickly. Wala kasi nag eenforce ng speed limit dito banda sa amin, tapos wide and open roads with some tricycles and trucks, so we have the luxury of going quite fast but of course, in a reasonably safe manner. Tapos yung Mazda 6, hindi ba medyo mabagal? Yung mga napanood ko na videos, it took more than 7 seconds para umabot ng 100km/h...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In my experience, torque steer won’t be a problem unless you step on the gas pedal quickly. Wala kasi nag eenforce ng speed limit dito banda sa amin, tapos wide and open roads with some tricycles and trucks, so we have the luxury of going quite fast but of course, in a reasonably safe manner. Tapos yung Mazda 6, hindi ba medyo mabagal? Yung mga napanood ko na videos, it took more than 7 seconds para umabot ng 100km/h...
    Bakit Di na lang WRX? You can have it in MT and tune it further to more than 300hp.

7 seconds is quick already for most people when most other cars can barely do 10 seconds.

If you want a quicker sedan, you can always opt for the Kia Stinger GT. That RWD sedan is just quick, just ticks over 4 seconds for a 0-100 kmh sprint.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Bakit Di na lang WRX? You can have it in MT and tune it further to more than 300hp.

7 seconds is quick already for most people when most other cars can barely do 10 seconds.

If you want a quicker sedan, you can always opt for the Kia Stinger GT. That RWD sedan is just quick, just ticks over 4 seconds for a 0-100 kmh sprint.

Na derail na tayo sa topic haha.

Naghahanap kasi ako ng something na relatively fuss-free, comfortable and quick, and not too expensive.

Yung 7 seconds... yes it’s fast, and will be faster above 100, but it’s not enough of an improvement over the Focus’ and FJ’s 8 seconds... sobrang rare kasi ng Lexus IS350 dito, sayang di ko nakuha nung may binebenta dito 1.7M.

Yung stinger, parang sobrang mahal na.

Anyway, yun lang. Just ranting and being frustrated. Wala na options talaga masyado for people looking for cars like that, Kung ano mabenta na mga sasakyan, yun talaga nireretain eh.