New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Finally Toyota realized using the 2.8 engine only in the TOTL 4x4 models was a waste. Now more people can enjoy ample power without having to buy unnecessary 4x4 hardware.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Sorry pero ever since lumabas ang fortuner and montero may impression ako SUV yan pang developing countries

Ung trak ang pang ilalim na pang cargo pero ginawa pang tao

Parang niloloko tayo ng mga Hapon
    Ang Prado at LC200, ladder frame chassis din. Pang-developing countries din ba?

Many first-world countries (Australia, most commonly) have compared Everests and Fortuners to the likes of the Prado and Pajero. Guess what - from a value perspective, these PPVs often win out. The Prado may have fancier off-road suspension but if you don't need that, these PPVs are great options.

And these PPVs sell because of their ladder-frame underpinnings, not despite it. Sobrang mas matibay ang ladder frame vs the McPherson struts and multi-links in a typical CUV. It also comes with naturally higher ride height (about 20-30cm more flood wading depth vs a typical CUV). The tradeoff is a harsher ride and less planted handling and buyers are fine with that.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; October 19th, 2020 at 12:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    didn't realize how touchy this subject is pala

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If I have that much money now for a vehicle, a Fortuner will not be something on my list. I would be more looking at an F150 or Explorer or CX9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think the jump from 2M to 2.4M is big, eh that's the price difference of a Fortuner LTD to an F150 din.

Fort LTD 4x2 (2.24M) vs F150 4x2 (2.7M) - 475k
    Fort LTD 4x4 (2.4M) vs F150 4x4 (3M) - 600k

Explorer ganun din (2.8M and 3.2M). CX9 yung base 2WD same price as TOTL Fort LTD 4x4, but the 4x4 CX9 is also 3M. Even with discounts with these big gas-fed SUVs mas mahal pa rin.

And same as EQs point, I always see sa forums "eh kung ganyan presyo ng xxx PPV, mag-CX9/Explorer/etc etc nalang ako". But in reality parang si Boybi and EQ lang yung nakita ko dito sa forum na may CX9 or better.

Bottomline, that 1.6M-2.4M price point of PPVs (all brands fall into that range) is what most upper middle class Pinoys can afford (no matter what they say on social media or forums). A jump of a few hundred grand more is a big step-up that most aren't willing or unable to pay for.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sabi nga nila, laitin mo na lahat. Wag lang yung kotse nila. Hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006

I have no horse in the game (wala naman ako PPV) pero I just find it interesting that people throw so much flak at PPVs but at the end of the day, they're among the best-selling cars today.

Ika nga sa sports, haters. PPV parang Lebron/Lewis na super successful na, pero meron pa ring maghahanap ng kapintasan. 2020 Toyota Fortuner (mid life update)(spy photos thailand)

Pag pinuntahan mo thread ng kahit anong CUV, walang kabuhay buhay, not much activity vs PPVs. Walang pintas, pero wala ring benta in real life.

So for me interesting idissect - ano ba typically opinion ng mga tao online sa PPV, and grounded ba on reality/data/facts 'to? So kunware yang PPV = ladder frame = truck. Kung yun nga ang reason why mababa ang tingin sa PPV, eh Prado and Pajero din ganun so what gives?

Last edited by jut703; October 19th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you think the jump from 2M to 2.4M is big, eh that's the price difference of a Fortuner LTD to an F150 din.

Fort LTD 4x2 (2.24M) vs F150 4x2 (2.7M) - 475k
    Fort LTD 4x4 (2.4M) vs F150 4x4 (3M) - 600k

Explorer ganun din (2.8M and 3.2M). CX9 yung base 2WD same price as TOTL Fort LTD 4x4, but the 4x4 CX9 is also 3M. Even with discounts with these big gas-fed SUVs mas mahal pa rin.

And same as EQs point, I always see sa forums "eh kung ganyan presyo ng xxx PPV, mag-CX9/Explorer/etc etc nalang ako". But in reality parang si Boybi and EQ lang yung nakita ko dito sa forum na may CX9 or better.

Bottomline, that 1.6M-2.4M price point of PPVs (all brands fall into that range) is what most upper middle class Pinoys can afford (no matter what they say on social media or forums). A jump of a few hundred grand more is a big step-up that most aren't willing or unable to pay for.

Just sharing my preference. If I was with most people, I would have most likely bought a Fortuner also. Sa mga tita pa lang ng wife ko, tatlo ata naka Fort.

The midsize gas-fed SUVs are all about refinement and comfort. For the same price, I don’t want a truck. If I wanted a truck, I might as well just buy a pickup.

Many will ask me what they can buy for their ride. I will tell them that my preference may not be like theirs but I will share an honest suggestion. PPVs are surely a good hit for Pinoys as they are what appeals to most - seat for 7, diesel-fed, sturdy, and reliable. The Fortuner reigns supreme as it has all those qualities on top of a Toyota brand name.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just sharing my preference. If I was with most people, I would have most likely bought a Fortuner also. Sa mga tita pa lang ng wife ko, tatlo ata naka Fort.

The midsize gas-fed SUVs are all about refinement and comfort. For the same price, I don’t want a truck. If I wanted a truck, I might as well just buy a pickup.

Many will ask me what they can buy for their ride. I will tell them that my preference may not be like theirs but I will share an honest suggestion. PPVs are surely a good hit for Pinoys as they are what appeals to most - seat for 7, diesel-fed, sturdy, and reliable. The Fortuner reigns supreme as it has all those qualities on top of a Toyota brand name.

Ang alternative option sa PPV price-wise are compact CUVs. TOTL CRV is 2.14M, TOTL CX5 is 2.35M - same land as the TOTL PPVs. If there was a new gen FXT for sure nasa 2M+ din yun given that the last gen was at 2M before the inventory clearance sale. Mid-range compact CUVs same price din as mid-range PPVs.

So the mid-size CUVs are a great option for sure but are also a class above (price-wise) to your typical PPV.

I agree that everyone has different preferences (I'm also in the camp of comfortable ride over ride height/durability, hence the CRV and not PPV). What I'm commenting on is the common statement online na "kaysa PPV why not xxx mid-size SUV" when in fact the mid-size CUV is several hundred grand more expensive and not in the same price range anymore.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    And these PPVs sell because of their ladder-frame underpinnings, not despite it. Sobrang mas matibay ang ladder frame vs the McPherson struts and multi-links in a typical CUV. It also comes with naturally higher ride height (about 20-30cm more flood wading depth vs a typical CUV). The tradeoff is a harsher ride and less planted handling and buyers are fine with that.
    Ladder frame is a type of chassis where the body of the car is built on

MacPherson and/or Multi-links are types of suspensions.

Ladder frames can also have any type of suspension, depending on whether it has solid or independent axles.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005

hehe

sinabi ko naman i get it diba

-

sa mga hindi car people they'd be equally impressed if you drove a fortuner or a prado

so sayang lang kung bumili ka ng prado hehe same effect lang naman

that is you're only after the symbol

tulad ni sinabi ng isang nag post

ung purpose para respetuhin ka