New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Fortuner facelift super nice. 2.8Q 4x2 looks like the best buy of the lot - 201 hp engine, finally a decent sized HU, leather seats, LED headlamps, Toyota Safety Sense. All for under 2M so it undercuts the Everest Titanium. Also looks far better than the Montero Sport GT.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    I think they nailed every price range from 1.7-2.4M. Since you've mentioned the "Q", It does tick all the boxes.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For people who don't need the power, sulit na rin yung 2.4V. But the 2.4 engine is adequate lang, not impressive like the 2.4 of the Montero or 3.0 of the MUX.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the 2.8 4x2 is fast. maybe sub 8s is possible with an ECU tune.

Just saw this. Pretty quick now. The version we’ll be getting might be around half a second or more slower since it will be heavier. Good for Toyota finally improving their engines. Guess that’s what fierce competition does.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Just saw this. Pretty quick now. The version we’ll be getting might be around half a second or more slower since it will be heavier. Good for Toyota finally improving their engines. Guess that’s what fierce competition does.
    Its already faster than the lc200 in my head lol.

With a Conservative 20% ecu tune and RF wheels and decent Suv tires its gonna be *fast

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yung 1st gen ng Fortuner talaga ang status symbol. Ngayon parang basta maka benta na lang ang Toyota. They're a rip off for me.

May kaibigan ako na hindi talaga nabili ng ganyan truck based na SUV.
    Tinatanong ko nga bakit di siya kmuha ng ganyan at bakit Santa Fe binili niya lati CRV. Ang sagot ss akin hindi naman daw siya manunundok 2020 Toyota Fortuner (mid life update)(spy photos thailand)

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    20% dp scheme?

Hmmmm. That is still a 400k down-payment in cash and a serious monthly outlay of around 40k a month. Takes a hefty income in these parts to be able to do that.

Cathy my dear... lets put it another way. What if YOU bought a fortuner? Without the help of your mom , aunties, lola....it was all your effort and you didn't receive any money from them (unlike your other cars). How would you feel? Am sure:

1. You would be very proud of your achievement.. prouder than normal

2. Your mom, lola, aunties, titos etc would all be super proud of you. I mean they normally throw money at you. And this time you are able to buy serious metal on your own.

So yeah a fortuner is a status symbol and a source of pride for many who own it.

Lets make a bet that the totl fortuner is a more expensiive car than what most people in these forums have in their own garages. I dont see why there is that reverse "snobbery" Against fortuners or PUVs.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its already faster than the lc200 in my head lol.

With a Conservative 20% ecu tune and RF wheels and decent Suv tires its gonna be *fast

The LC200 is not even fast at all. Its super heavy. Its torquey because of the twin turbos and v8. But in no way is it fast.

Have to tune it (40k pesos or so) to unleash the power. Which i have done to both of mine. The DP chip LC200 is much faster than my speedlab ecu tuned LC200.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Lets make a bet that the totl fortuner is a more expensiive car than what most people in these forums have in their own garages. I dont see why there is that reverse "snobbery" Against fortuners or PUVs.

Very true, bro. Not everyone can shell out that amount of money for a vehicle. Most pinoys have a hard a hard time spending more than 1M.

Seriously though, 2.4M is a bit too much for a PPV. I would say 1.7M to 2M would be something more apt. Well, Toyota can demand that price since they know it will appeal to most Pinoys. RP is Toyota-country and I don’t see that changing within the next 2 decades or so.

If I have that much money now for a vehicle, a Fortuner will not be something on my list. I would be more looking at an F150 or Explorer or CX9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I can see the F150 will always be the top of your list hehehe (as it is in mine)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I can see the F150 will always be the top of your list hehehe (as it is in mine)

The F150 is still the badass truck! However, I don’t see that happening if my wife does not approve.

BTT: I think the Fortuner Q models might be the one to reign supreme in sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk