New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The reality is, sa non-car person, maganda ang Fortuner, may dating, mukhang mahal.

What's wrong with that?

Nakakaapekto ba sa buhay niyo pag sosyal ang tingin ng karaniwang tao sa Fortuner?

Ordinary people don't give a crap that it's built on a truck frame, has a stiff ride, isn't as efficient space-wise as a car-based SUV, and so on.

Alam nila, maganda tindig ng Fortuner, diesel, matipid, kasya buong pamilya plus cargo, matibay ang pang-ilalim, mataas ang resale value, madali piyesa.

And yes, for many people, a 2-million peso car is a luxury so having one does bring a sense of achievement or pride.

Even my officemates, nagtataka bakit puro CRV daw binibili ng mga officemate namin, bat hindi daw Fortuner eh mas may dating daw. Of course more discerning people will pick a CUV because of the superior ride comfort and ease of driving, but non-car people don't care about that. Kaya ang benta ng PPV to CUV is 10:1.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For most Pinoys, image counts a lot. The Fort plays the part. An Innova will never look as imposing as a Fortuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    But one can always avail of a 20% dp scheme?

Ano kaya tingin nila sa Montero? Pag naka Montero kaya successful din? Hehe

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Meron din siguro yan sa montero, symbol of success ang tingin. Pareha lang naman sila halos ng fortuner or any mid size SUVs. It’s just that sa fortuner is what I personally saw and heard.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Even my officemates, nagtataka bakit puro CRV daw binibili ng mga officemate namin, bat hindi daw Fortuner eh mas may dating daw. Of course more discerning people will pick a CUV because of the superior ride comfort and ease of driving, but non-car people don't care about that. Kaya ang benta ng PPV to CUV is 10:1.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Parang tulad din ng Tita ng wife ko - kung bakit daw hindi na lang Fortuner binili namin instead of the Forester XT. Sinabi ko na lang na yun gusto namin. Di naman nila maintindihan yung Driving dynamics, handling, acceleration, etc.

Last edited by Egan101; October 19th, 2020 at 01:03 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    folks who see cars as status symbols,
    may differ in their choices,
    compared to those who see their cars as tools.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For most Pinoys, image counts a lot. The Fort plays the part. An Innova will never look as imposing as a Fortuner.

But they look so similar 'no? Yung comment ng isang boss samin na yung Fortuner, parang Innova on steroids, mataas lang. I didn't really see it that way until he said that. Now I am thinking parang iisang shell nga lang ba ang innova at fort?
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Meron din siguro yan sa montero, symbol of success ang tingin. Pareha lang naman sila halos ng fortuner or any mid size SUVs. It’s just that sa fortuner is what I personally saw and heard.
    Pero mataas talaga tingin ng pinoy sa Toyota no? Kasama na ko diyan kasi reliable naman talaga 2020 Toyota Fortuner (mid life update)(spy photos thailand)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Pero mataas talaga tingin ng pinoy sa Toyota no? Kasama na ko diyan kasi reliable naman talaga 2020 Toyota Fortuner (mid life update)(spy photos thailand)
    whether real or imagined,
    "the legend of the toyota reliability is the envy of the automotive industry."
    Last edited by dr. d; October 19th, 2020 at 01:14 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    whether real or imagined,
    the legend of the toyota reliability is the envy of the automotive industry.
    I can attest to it. 10 yr old Corolla NEVER had any repairs done outside warranty. Usual PMS and change of tires from age. I am really amazed. Told my Mom I am NOT selling that car 2020 Toyota Fortuner (mid life update)(spy photos thailand) Recently got in touch with the guy who bought my big body and it's still doing well! 24 yr old car!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013

Can’t argue there. Toyota’s are generally reliable. The only problem is that since they’re so popular, it promotes an unhealthy market where they can overprice their cars and people would buy still them. It’s not like they’re using some state of the art technology. Glad they’re slowly introducing hybrid tech, at least there’s some progress.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Can’t argue there. Toyota’s are generally reliable. The only problem is that since they’re so popular, it promotes an unhealthy market where they can overprice their cars and people would buy still them. It’s not like they’re using some state of the art technology.
    That's true. I was surprised when a few years ago I went to the casa and they were still offering manual windows for the innova. Dunno kung ngayon power windows na innova J and it was so bare. Akala ko kasi matagal ng walang manual windows hehe