New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I wish the same, sir. Many keep their cars for less than a decade. CVTs maybe fine for that. We have a few running beyond 2...regular ATs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    The oldest locally available CVT - the Cedia Lancer, still has a lot of units on the road. My cousin has an '03 Cedia, '05 GD Jazz, and '16 GM6 City and fortunately all these CVTs are still running well to this day.

Although of course there are a lot of horror stories on the Cedia and GD as well. But today's CVTs are a huge leap forward in terms of reliability and performance compared to these early models.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The oldest locally available CVT - the Cedia Lancer, still has a lot of units on the road. My cousin has an '03 Cedia, '05 GD Jazz, and '16 GM6 City and fortunately all these CVTs are still running well to this day.

Although of course there are a lot of horror stories on the Cedia and GD as well. But today's CVTs are a huge leap forward in terms of reliability and performance compared to these early models.

Correct me if Im wrong, but most “horror” CVT issues that I know of is mostly attributed to using the wrong tranny fluid once it is due for a fluid flush, a lot of folks have put regular ATF on a CVT tranny, of course that will wreck havoc the tranny

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015

We can't deny how CVTs have evolved to be better....but we're not just limited to comparing current & past versions of it. There are more durable options.
    The thing w/ CVTs is, once they go, they'll go hurting those who get hit badly. Total assembly swap.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    We can't deny how CVTs have evolved to be better....but we're not just limited to comparing current & past versions of it. There are more durable options.
    The thing w/ CVTs is, once they go, they'll go hurting those who get hit badly. Total assembly swap.

Same goes with a conventional AT. I've had to change the entire transmission of my 04 Mazda 3.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Same goes with a conventional AT. I've had to change the entire transmission of my 04 Mazda 3.

I'd presume w/ a used unit, sir? With regular ATs, one can rebuild...can't say the same with CVTs...yet.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Looks a bit Kia-ish to me.

At least the aesthetics seem to target the younger demographics, as opposed to the current one's design.

More pics.2020 Toyota Corolla Altis

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    The front looks aggressive.

While the sides look like its trying to be traditional corporate.

I still like it though.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Looks a bit Kia-ish to me.

At least the aesthetics seem to target the younger demographics, as opposed to the current one's design.
    Yeah, they've invested some effort to rid of their boring mold.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Not corolla's best rear for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The same 1.6L NA engine of the current generation. Allergic mga Pinoy kapag lampas na 1.6L.
    True! though i see a quite a few of civic rs' in relation to the 1.8 civic. medyo na side step ng civic siguro yun "stigma" by being 1.5 albeit being turbocharged.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast