New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,008
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    I'll be getting the 2020 Altis V in cash. ₱15,000 lang discount + freebies. Ganun lang ba talaga? What else should I consider at the price of ₱1.2m?
    So many better cars at that price range.

    Among sedans, the 4-year old Civic is still better than the brand new Altis. Bigger engine, more space, more features, also subjectively looks better.

    Among subcompact CUVs, you have the Geely Coolray, Kia Seltos, Suzuki Vitara, Hyundai Kona, Honda HRV - all which have much more features than the Altis at the same price, plus the benefit of higher ground clearance.

    If you want to be practical, you can get an Innova 2.8E at that price. If you want something macho, a Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux, or Nissan Navarra will fit your budget as well.

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,662
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    So many better cars at that price range.

    Among sedans, the 4-year old Civic is still better than the brand new Altis. Bigger engine, more space, more features, also subjectively looks better.

    Among subcompact CUVs, you have the Geely Coolray, Kia Seltos, Suzuki Vitara, Hyundai Kona, Honda HRV - all which have much more features than the Altis at the same price, plus the benefit of higher ground clearance.

    If you want to be practical, you can get an Innova 2.8E at that price. If you want something macho, a Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux, or Nissan Navarra will fit your budget as well.

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    excellent list for the price... though i wouldn't consider the kona and the hrv.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    274
    #23
    Is the Hybrid worth getting? Or ganun lang rin? Parang matagal rin bago mabawi yung initial investment?

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,662
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Is the Hybrid worth getting? Or ganun lang rin? Parang matagal rin bago mabawi yung initial investment?
    if you're thinking of it as an investment... don't get this one.

    the gas options are already quiet and the falling market only means cheaper fuel for the next few months or even years.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    274
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    if you're thinking of it as an investment... don't get this one.

    the gas options are already quiet and the falling market only means cheaper fuel for the next few months or even years.
    Not really, gusto ko lang talaga ng Hybrid for the sake of getting a Hybrid.

    Gusto ko lang rin sana mabawi yung 400k na price difference over the top of the line na gas.

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,662
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Not really, gusto ko lang talaga ng Hybrid for the sake of getting a Hybrid.

    Gusto ko lang rin sana mabawi yung 400k na price difference over the top of the line na gas.
    its the only hybrid to get.. the hyundai hybrid's reliability is not yet proven like that of the toyota.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,024
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Not really, gusto ko lang talaga ng Hybrid for the sake of getting a Hybrid.

    Gusto ko lang rin sana mabawi yung 400k na price difference over the top of the line na gas.
    if you want that hybrid for hybrid's sake, then go for it already.

    knowing the hybrid's km/li figures and the gasoline variant's km/li, you should be able to compute for your break-even odometer reading, beyond which is "profit".

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,205
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Not really, gusto ko lang talaga ng Hybrid for the sake of getting a Hybrid.
    Gusto ko lang rin sana mabawi yung 400k na price difference over the top of the line na gas.
    Maybe if you travel 30T kms annually for 5 years ...

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,008
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Not really, gusto ko lang talaga ng Hybrid for the sake of getting a Hybrid.

    Gusto ko lang rin sana mabawi yung 400k na price difference over the top of the line na gas.
    Some quick math:

    Price difference of 1.6V vs. 1.8V: 395k
    1.6V fuel consumption: 8 km/L
    1.8 Hybrid fuel consumption: 20 km/L
    Annual mileage: 12,000 km
    Fuel price: 50/liter

    You will spend 75k/yr on the 1.6L Altis, while you will only spend 30k/yr on the Hybrid. You will save 45k per year, so you'll break even in 9 years.

    Put differently, you'll need to travel a little over 100,000 km to recoup the higher price of the Hybrid.

    By that time there's a small chance you'll probably need new batteries for the Hybrid, around 120-150k. Or you can just sell the car (though not sure if there'll be anyone wanting to buy a thoroughly used Hybrid).

    So net, if you want a Hybrid for the sake of one, then go ahead - the Altis Hybrid is a pretty decent offering for the price.

    Will it break-even? Yes it will, after a long while. Is it cost-efficient in the long run? Sure, if you don't end up needing to replace the battery.

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; March 14th, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,024
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Not really, gusto ko lang talaga ng Hybrid for the sake of getting a Hybrid.

    Gusto ko lang rin sana mabawi yung 400k na price difference over the top of the line na gas.
    tell me the prices of the two, and the km/li of the hybrid and the km/li of the gasoline variant that you intend to follow.
    i'll assume 50 pesos per liter of gasoline.
    i'll see what computations i can make, later.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

2020 Corolla Altis Hybrid