New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    many folks didn't like the mid-dash arrangement.

but here's the spresso, doing exactly the same!
    Oh yeah the spresso, I hope they did some research first haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoymonster View Post
    Yes. Pag dating ko sa hump, I slowed down just enough para maka climb si front wheel. Once cleared, I lightly tap the gas para may enough speed si rear wheel to climb as well. It’s as this point na biglang tumaas ang sound ng makina. Naka N na pala. I’ll save the video next time when it happens again. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My sister is considering a vios 1.3 cvt. Did this become an issue with your vios or was it addressed at the casa? Ano na nangyari sa vios mo regarding the this tranny incident?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I'm in the market for a new car and I'm eyeing the vios because of budget limitations. I'm trying to push for the XLE trim but right now, they are offering huge discounts for the XE because according to the agent, they have a lot of stocks daw. I actually don't mind the black side mirrors and no fog lamps pero yung mags talaga nya ang deal breaker for me. I thought i can just upgrade it but the agent told me that it would void the warranty even if I upgrade it to the XLE/E rims. I kind of contested it asking if iba yung engineering or parts ng XE sa XLE para ma void? Can someone enlighten me on this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by imrain View Post
    I'm in the market for a new car and I'm eyeing the vios because of budget limitations. I'm trying to push for the XLE trim but right now, they are offering huge discounts for the XE because according to the agent, they have a lot of stocks daw. I actually don't mind the black side mirrors and no fog lamps pero yung mags talaga nya ang deal breaker for me. I thought i can just upgrade it but the agent told me that it would void the warranty even if I upgrade it to the XLE/E rims. I kind of contested it asking if iba yung engineering or parts ng XE sa XLE para ma void? Can someone enlighten me on this one?

Lokohan yun kung sabihin niya void yung warranty ng buong kotse if pinalitan mo yung mags. If ever, mavoid warranty sa suspension and shocks and connected wheelbearings if you change rims/tire size out of stock/spec, but not the whole car.

Pero kung you are changing from current trim mags to the next model trim mags of the very same model year, I doubt that Toyota invested R&D to change specific parts between model trims. The only specific instance I know where this has happened is for pickup trucks, between single cab (work trucks usually sold as cab and chassis only) and dual cab (lifestyle pickup truck model trims).

Email mo Toyota Philippines head office para may black and white ka.

Paminsan yung sales agent/dealer kung anu anu sinasabi panakot wala naman at malayo sa katotohanan.

Get everything in writing if you find something off sa sinagot sa iyo. And get someone higher if you are in doubt to clear the concern up pag dating sa ganyan na lang and in writing para walang atrasan na kesyo he said she said.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Lokohan yun kung sabihin niya void yung warranty ng buong kotse if pinalitan mo yung mags. If ever, mavoid warranty sa suspension and shocks and connected wheelbearings if you change rims/tire size out of stock/spec, but not the whole car.

Pero kung you are changing from current trim mags to the next model trim mags of the very same model year, I doubt that Toyota invested R&D to change specific parts between model trims. The only specific instance I know where this has happened is for pickup trucks, between single cab (work trucks usually sold as cab and chassis only) and dual cab (lifestyle pickup truck model trims).

Email mo Toyota Philippines head office para may black and white ka.

Paminsan yung sales agent/dealer kung anu anu sinasabi panakot wala naman at malayo sa katotohanan.

Get everything in writing if you find something off sa sinagot sa iyo. And get someone higher if you are in doubt to clear the concern up pag dating sa ganyan na lang and in writing para walang atrasan na kesyo he said she said.
    Yah actually specified naman ni agent na it would void yung sa pang ilalim (shocks, bushings i would assume) but I really just dont get the idea na mawawala warranty nung parts na yun even if ang ipapalit ko eh sila din naman ang nagmanufacture. Lol.

Ang alam ko namn kasi technically the same lang sila ng parts and build with XLE except for accessories kaya di ko ma gets ang pag void.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by imrain View Post
    Yah actually specified naman ni agent na it would void yung sa pang ilalim (shocks, bushings i would assume) but I really just dont get the idea na mawawala warranty nung parts na yun even if ang ipapalit ko eh sila din naman ang nagmanufacture. Lol.

Ang alam ko namn kasi technically the same lang sila ng parts and build with XLE except for accessories kaya di ko ma gets ang pag void.
    Okay din, gamitin mo muna ang stock steel wheels at tires, until mapudpud gulong at mag expire warranty period. After nito, puwede na magpalit ng mags. Para sulitin muna stock na gulong.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Trying out the Vios for a change. At 750k, sulit siya for anyone who just needs basic transport.

Spacious, comfy quiet ride, touch screen, enough power for city driving, convenient AT. Basic transport at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Spacious, comfy quiet ride, touch screen, enough power for city driving, convenient AT. Basic transport at its best.
    Not sure I’d put touch screen as one of the pros. Tried touchscreens in multiple cars including the FJ, Territory, honda city, and ciaz. Totally unnecessary and somewhat distracting. I still prefer real buttons. Might be fine for younger people though…

But yeah I agree with the other pros you have listed since its always a pleasure riding in the back seat of taxis since there’s good amount of space. Although may kalampag na yung iba but that’s probably due to the abuse it takes with daily duty.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    now that you mention it,
    one can manipulate physical buttons without looking at them.
    one can not confidently manipulate touch screen buttons without looking at them.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    now that you mention it,
    one can manipulate physical buttons without looking at them.
    one can not confidently manipulate touch screen buttons without looking at them.
    I remember when I was being naughty back in 2007 or 2008, I tried texting while driving using the 1st iPhone. Instantly thought to myself that its damn near impossible to do. Went and got a secondary phone, a Nokia with numeric keypad. 😂

Of course, I’m not doing s*** like that anymore because of the capability of modern cars to make bluetooth calls.

2019 Toyota Vios 1.3 XE