New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    yes. may tax exemption na ba tayo for hybrids?
    Not sure about its current state, last time anyone talked about it was in 2018 when the TRAIN Law was imposed.

“Hybrid Vehicles” are subject to only 50 percent of the excise tax rates imposed by the TRAIN Law. For instance, hybrid vehicles that cost over P1 million to P4 million are subject to a tax rate of 10 percent (compared to the 20 percent tax rate for regular vehicles of the same price).
    - TRAIN?d to win: Vehicles with tax reduction/exemption under TRAIN Law | Philstar.com

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    meron ba tax exemptioins pag hybrid?
    50% ... ...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    This is the 2022 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid for PH -AUTOINDUSTRIYA

Last but not least, the HEV will most likely get an E-CVT instead of the standard eight-speed automatic transmission. We did confirm with our sources that it will be a front wheel drive model; all-wheel drive seems to have been omitted.

Toyota will officially reveal the 2022 RAV4 HEV next month. However, the automaker is already accepting reservations from interested customers.

While it may seem like the most expensive RAV4 yet at PHP 2.157 million, the HEV is actually more affordable by PHP 117,000 when compared to the top-of-the-line 2.5 LTD. The reason is because the non-hybrid 2.5L does not qualify for JPEPA (3000cc or above), but the hybrid 2.5L qualifies for reduced excise taxes.
    I thought this PHDM RAV4 hybrid will be the return of the RAV4 AWD in PH. Unless if they will bring the RAV4 prime here.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Rav4 AWD is one my family choice last Oct’21. When we check with the dealership, no firm delivery schedule during that time.

Decided to get the 22 Outback. Hopefully availability for Rav4 Hybrid will improve this time.

Rav4 Hybrid has a good following in US and Australia market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-...ef=home_feed_1

The higher grade hybrid at 2.5M is looking to be a bad deal since its the same 2wd drive train as the lower XLE variant.
    The hybrid camry, I believe, has all of the features, at a lower price of 2.35M.

With gas prices rising, a hybrid may be the bridge before going all electric.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post

The higher grade hybrid at 2.5M is looking to be a bad deal since its the same 2wd drive train as the lower XLE variant.
    The hybrid camry, I believe, has all of the features, at a lower price of 2.35M.

That base model is nice ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

2.5M for a FWD CUV with a hybrid engine? A bit pricey indeed.

For the same amount of money, you can get a more luxurious ride in the CX9 Turbo Touring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hybrids (mild hybrids not included) will be a very long bridge for us, before we go electric.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Hybrids (mild hybrids not included) will be a very long bridge for us, before we go electric.
    i agree. financially there is little incentive for Philippine car owners to shift to hybrid at this time and especially that diesel is still a viable option for us pa.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    i agree. financially there is little incentive for Philippine car owners to shift to hybrid at this time and especially that diesel is still a viable option for us pa.
    given a choice,
    no one will shift.

but if it is made clear to them that shifting offers a very palpable distinct advantage,
    they'll elbow each other to be among the first.