2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    for 2.1M .. they could at least throw in the TSS 2.0

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    for 2.1M .. they could at least throw in the TSS 2.0
    the old(er) top of the line cr-v is around the same price. discounting the age it would very nice to compare which offers better value and of course which would be more satisfying to own. a smooth gas hybrid vs torquey diesel.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    the old(er) top of the line cr-v is around the same price. discounting the age it would very nice to compare which offers better value and of course which would be more satisfying to own. a smooth gas hybrid vs torquey diesel.
    based on my personal experience... Toyota hybrids have very good torque
    compared to Hondas

RAV-4's price point makes it a very interesting option against the local diesel SUVs

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    based on my personal experience... Toyota hybrids have very good torque
    compared to Hondas

RAV-4's price point makes it a very interesting option against the local diesel SUVs
    panigurado lamang na ride ng rav4 compared to the "local" ppv based suvs. call me a skeptic though i think hindi padin madali i-break ang preference ng pinoy for the diesel ppv based suvs.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    call me a skeptic though i think hindi padin madali i-break ang preference ng pinoy for the diesel ppv based suvs.
    I feel the same... kahit ako personally, I've mentioned it a couple of times na baka ito na last chance natin mag drive ng diesel

pero I noticed na there's a new batch of car buyers in their mid-30s na afford na ang 2M cars who hates diesels... due to "environmental reasons"

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I would rather spend a bit more and get a CX9 over the RAV4. I guess it is worth the extra money.

Back in 2016, the TOTL RAV4 (AWD) was already over 2M. Toyota dealers don’t carry inventory so if you want one, it is thru intent order. It didn’t have much to offer against the top models of the CRV or Xtrail or CX5 or Forester. The RAV4 AWD was more than 200k more expensive than the Forester XT (2.066M vs 1.798M). The Forester XT has s more powerful engine, a better AWD system, a bigger trunk space, and drives better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; January 17th, 2022 at 06:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I feel the same... kahit ako personally, I've mentioned it a couple of times na baka ito na last chance natin mag drive ng diesel

pero I noticed na there's a new batch of car buyers in their mid-30s na afford na ang 2M cars who hates diesels... due to "environmental reasons"
    wow! how i would have loved to have 2M to spend on a car noon when i was in my 30's. hmm..mananaginip na lang ako kung ano na kaya nabili ko noon.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    wow! how i would have loved to have 2M to spend on a car noon when i was in my 30's. hmm..mananaginip na lang ako kung ano na kaya nabili ko noon.
    I would have bought a BMW when I was 30 if I had 2M to spend, shows my age 2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I would rather spend a bit more and get a CX9 over the RAV4. I guess it is worth the extra money.

Back in 2016, the TOTL RAV4 (AWD) was already over 2M. Toyota dealers don’t carry inventory so if you want one, it is thru intent order. It didn’t have much to offer against the top models of the CRV or Xtrail or CX5 or Forester. The RAV4 AWD was more than 200k more expensive than the Forester XT (2.066M vs 1.798M). The Forester XT has s more powerful engine, a better AWD system, a bigger trunk space, and drives better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The T badge alone is worth 200k daw. 😂

With the TOTL models, the Rav4 definitely fails with pricing. It shined with base model before. But currently, the base model is too expensive now so I dunno. Wouldn't touch the xtrail though, jatco cvt.