New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    https://youtu.be/hlbWIBu2Mt4

thinking of selling my petrol awd 4th gen and get the awd hybrid 5th gen...but 1yr+ waiting...

im just facinated how they setup their 5th gen...lift kit+trail terrain tyres ..

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by ozcity; August 30th, 2022 at 06:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Just want to share that I got a Rav4 HEV XLE about 2 weeks ago, been doing 16km/L pure city traffic rush hour to/from CBD total 20-30km daily running on 91octane. Based on the EPA estimate of 40mpg which is 17km/L, I still can improve likely based on driving style. So far been trying to see how to best maximize using/charging the battery. Sold my CRV diesel which was doing 10km/L.

Initial impressions are it's really quiet in the cabin, very comfortable and easy to drive. I don't miss the torque of the CRV since the Rav4 also pulls very good and given the speed limit of 60kph haven't been able to drive it faster than that. The things I miss on the CRV are I appreciate the bigger internal space esp rear leg room and that it's doors open to almost 90 degrees.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by practical1 View Post
    Just want to share that I got a Rav4 HEV XLE about 2 weeks ago, been doing 16km/L pure city traffic rush hour to/from CBD total 20-30km daily running on 91octane. Based on the EPA estimate of 40mpg which is 17km/L, I still can improve likely based on driving style. So far been trying to see how to best maximize using/charging the battery. Sold my CRV diesel which was doing 10km/L.

Initial impressions are it's really quiet in the cabin, very comfortable and easy to drive. I don't miss the torque of the CRV since the Rav4 also pulls very good and given the speed limit of 60kph haven't been able to drive it faster than that. The things I miss on the CRV are I appreciate the bigger internal space esp rear leg room and that it's doors open to almost 90 degrees.
    errr,
    from where to CBD and back, po?

so how's the tagtag factor? is it smoother than the crv?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr,
    from where to CBD and back, po?

so how's the tagtag factor? is it smoother than the crv?
    Qc to Makati. I don't find it tagtag. I feel it is just as smooth on paved roads but I do notice that when I hit pot holes that it is more firm than the CRV.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Any leads on where to source 0w-16? My warranty is expiring this November and I want to do DIY oil change every 6 months.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekra View Post
    Any leads on where to source 0w-16? My warranty is expiring this November and I want to do DIY oil change every 6 months.
    ... from the casa?
    then DIY at home.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ... from the casa?
    then DIY at home.
    Casa always puts 5w-30 on every PMS; I don't think they have 0w-16. I feel that this Dynamic Force engine needs a 0w-16 to be more efficient.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by practical1 View Post

Just curious, would like to ask if you were logging/recording the average speed on the interval you got the 16km/l on the full tank of gas for city driving (if yes, what was it)? Or if it was just the fuel economy average reading stored by the car, but not verified by full tank method yet?

Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Just curious, would like to ask if you were logging/recording the average speed on the interval you got the 16km/l on the full tank of gas for city driving (if yes, what was it)? Or if it was just the fuel economy average reading stored by the car, but not verified by full tank method yet?

Thanks.
    Hi, it's the average reading on trip meter so far since the first full tank of gas, haven't been able to do the full tank method yet, maybe another week or so when I fill it up again.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Thanks.
    I have a RAV4 hybrid and kept track of my fuel economy using the full tank method.

Starting ODO i tracked: 970 km

Liters - ODO - KM/L ------ Reading from dashboard km/l
    39.89 - 1728 - 19.00 ------ 19.1
    19.35 - 2088 - 18.60 ------ 19.1
    50.46 - 3032 - 18.71 ------ 19.4 *** Almost 1000km on a tank in metro manila
    25.674 - 3555 - 20.37 ----- 20.4

I'd say that the dashboard reading is pretty accurate to about ~3-5%.

Unfortunately I cannot find if the car stores my average speed per full tanks.

My route is las pinas to makati (using skyway) or BGC (slex - C5). I would actually lose a little fuel efficiency going a steady 100km/h then gain it back once I hit slower moving traffic. I admittedly will avoid the brunt of traffic by leaving earlier than usual, but I don't baby it when driving.

Regarding the oil, I am also disappointed that CASA does not use 0w16 (I talked with the SA, they do have 0w-xx but use it only for supra / GR Yaris), but 5w30 is recommended in the manual anyway and I am getting fuel economy that more than matches the US EPA (albeit their model is a 4x4), I am happy with it. Also I am thinking that the added cost of the 0w-xx oil probably nullifies fuel further economy savings. I am no oil expert but i think that the next step will be 5w-20 oil when DIY'ing will be the closest to 0w-16 since the 'w' is oil viscosity at really low ambient temps. 5w-20 is also recommended in the manual anyway.