New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Malalaos at maluluma din ang interior and gadgets sa sasakyan in about 5 years pag release ng bagong model. But a good engine and transmission will never go out of style.
    Sabagay, oo nga. Plus kung hindi stessed ang engine, mas mahaba ang buhay.

Plain jane, though clean look. Okay din angular lines.

20200629_161146.jpg

20200629_161105.jpg

20200629_161041.jpg

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Sabagay, oo nga. Plus kung hindi stessed ang engine, mas mahaba ang buhay.

Plain jane, though clean look. Okay din angular lines.

20200629_161146.jpg

20200629_161105.jpg

20200629_161041.jpg
    How much is the price for this? I guess the XLE model is around the same price as the CX5 AWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How much is the price for this? I guess the XLE model is around the same price as the CX5 AWD.
    Bale sa Rav4 LE.

1725K (white pearl sa picture)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Bale sa Rav4 LE.

1725K (white pearl sa picture)
    Nag mahal na rin pala base model ng Rav 4 no? I remember it being priced at 1.6M which I considered a steal already. But still, it probably has the most reliable engine out of all the crossovers here since its the only one equipped with both direct and port injection.

I still remember the previous base model rav 4 with 2.5L priced for only f***ing 1.2M back then. Good old days.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Nag mahal na rin pala base model ng Rav 4 no? I remember it being priced at 1.6M which I considered a steal already. But still, it probably has the most reliable engine out of all the crossovers here since its the only one equipped with both direct and port injection.

I still remember the previous base model rav 4 with 2.5L priced for only f***ing 1.2M back then. Good old days.
    Bai trav, good thing mr hardwang indicate “probably” the most reliable engine of all the crossover. How about our Mazda skyactive engines? 2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Bai trav, good thing mr hardwang indicate “probably” the most reliable engine of all the crossover. How about our Mazda skyactive engines? 2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)2019 Toyota RAV4 (Next Generation)

Don’t know any issues with the skyactive engines but I have seen some videos of intake valves being covered in carbon and needs cleaning. Don’t know what that entails but carbon covered intake valves doesn’t look good for its reliability in the long run, unless of course the owner knows that it should be cleaned after a while.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009

may 1.2 million na rav4 2.5l? i remember kasi my cousin had a 2001 rav 4 it was already 1.1-1.2m back then.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    may 1.2 million na rav4 2.5l? i remember kasi my cousin had a 2001 rav 4 it was already 1.1-1.2m back then.
    Yes. I believe carguide ph still has an article about it.

Dream car ko yan dati. Sulit, nevermind that it’s so barebones when it comes to features. I settled with the base Ford Focus ecoboost though, di nakayanan ng budget.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kahit prinesyo at 1.2M, wala pa ring bumili. A 2.5L engine is a con, not a pro for most people.

Was excited about this cheap RAV4 too but it was sooo bare. Fit and finish closer to a Vios and Altis 1.6E than a 1.2M car. Hard plastics everywhere, no traces of leather, no features.

Still, looks much better than the 4th gen CRV so this is a good alternative although the SJ Forester and gen 1 CX5 are still much better buys in the secondhand market today with their horrible resale value (good for buyers).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kahit prinesyo at 1.2M, wala pa ring bumili. A 2.5L engine is a con, not a pro for most people.

Was excited about this cheap RAV4 too but it was sooo bare. Fit and finish closer to a Vios and Altis 1.6E than a 1.2M car. Hard plastics everywhere, no traces of leather, no features.

Still, looks much better than the 4th gen CRV so this is a good alternative although the SJ Forester and gen 1 CX5 are still much better buys in the secondhand market today with their horrible resale value (good for buyers).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    That’s true. Mga pinoy gusto 1.5L kahit ang bigat ng kaha ng sasakyan. Kaya mabenta mga xpander at rush ngayon no?

As for me, I’d be ok with a crappy looking car inside and out with a cheap price tag that has decent engine power and a good transmission. Tulad ng sinabi ko, maluluma ang interior and features with the release of the next model, but a good powertrain will give more satisfaction in the long run.