New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    We want to buy a small first car for my daughter. Just between home and office within QC. About 12,000 to 15,000 kms a year. My wife wanted a Mirage 2018 GLX, based mostly on earlier gen reviews and comments. But I just got through half of the "Mirage - Issues/Problems" thread here and I'm worried. Granted most are UBER/GRAB units, but even those that aren't have the same problems. OTOH, I haven't found an issues thread for the 2017 model here, but in the Toyota Wigo Club Philippines FB page, their complaint are mostly brake pads and engine support. I also rode an Uber 1st gen Wigo M/T before, and it had a hard time going uphill in my subdivision.

So ang tanong ko:
    1) Nag improve na ba ang power-to-weight ratio ng bagong Wigo? Kailangan kasi namin ng automatic. At dapat kaya ang paakyat kasi may uphill na kalye sa subdivision namin.
    2) Ano ang mga common issues since the 2017 updated version? Aircon? Brakes? Suspension? Engine? Body?

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    We want to buy a small first car for my daughter. Just between home and office within QC. About 12,000 to 15,000 kms a year. My wife wanted a Mirage 2018 GLX, based mostly on earlier gen reviews and comments. But I just got through half of the "Mirage - Issues/Problems" thread here and I'm worried. Granted most are UBER/GRAB units, but even those that aren't have the same problems. OTOH, I haven't found an issues thread for the 2017 model here, but in the Toyota Wigo Club Philippines FB page, their complaint are mostly brake pads and engine support. I also rode an Uber 1st gen Wigo M/T before, and it had a hard time going uphill in my subdivision.

So ang tanong ko:
    1) Nag improve na ba ang power-to-weight ratio ng bagong Wigo? Kailangan kasi namin ng automatic. At dapat kaya ang paakyat kasi may uphill na kalye sa subdivision namin.
    2) Ano ang mga common issues since the 2017 updated version? Aircon? Brakes? Suspension? Engine? Body?

TIA.
    we have a wigo AT.
    after over 4 years and more than 34K km on the odometer, "the battery was the only issue". absolutely nothing else was in need of concern.
    before the brake-in period, it vibrated and did seem having difficulty going up steep inclines. we solved the issue by turning the aircon off. today, it would go up that incline with a minimum of vibration.
    i'd recommend it to whoever would be interested in buying one.
    btw, i find the new model, "a step backward", styling-wise. the old model looks cleaner to me.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 26th, 2018 at 09:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Bakit 2nd gen ang tawag ng karamihan dito? Sobrang misinformed naman.

Pati FB groups/owners 2nd gen daw..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Bakit 2nd gen ang tawag ng karamihan dito? Sobrang misinformed naman.

Pati FB groups/owners 2nd gen daw..
    how do you define "2nd gen." ?
    some folks define "2nd gen" as the next iteration, even if only the tail lights seemed "somewhat different from the previous"..
    Last edited by dr. d; June 27th, 2018 at 02:13 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some folks define "2nd gen" as the next iteration, even if only the tail lights seemed "somewhat different from the previous"..
    A 2nd gen should be an entirely new beast . . . totally new body shape and size, new engine, new technological improvements etc.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    A 2nd gen should be an entirely new beast . . . totally new body shape and size, new engine, new technological improvements etc.

that's your definition.
    that's not other folks' definition.

but i think, the most guilty would be the car manufacturers themselves.
    maybe because "it makes for better sales".
    Last edited by dr. d; June 27th, 2018 at 02:38 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post

So ang tanong ko:

TIA.
    For a little bit more money, would you perhaps consider a Suzuki Dzire? It's more powerful, has more features and is an overall larger car with a proper trunk to boot!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Normally, all-new body, interior etc.

This facelifted 2017 Wigo is still technically the 1st gen, owners call it 2nd gen, which is wrong.

The current Fortuner for example, is actually just the 2nd generation.

The current Yaris looks like an all-new model, but actually is just a facelift as well.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    that's your definition.
    that's not other folks' definition.

but i think, the most guilty would be the car manufacturers themselves.
    maybe because "it makes for better sales".

"it makes for better sales" I got your point sir haha.

Companies would try to make you believe that black is actually white . . .

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Ask lang guys ot me drain plug ba yung wigo for its atf? Planning to change mine if i reach 70 km

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast