New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Why 6speed? Hindi man lang ginawa yung 8 speed..

Para full package... at sulit na yung mga buyer ng camry..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Why 6speed? Hindi man lang ginawa yung 8 speed..

Para full package... at sulit na yung mga buyer ng camry..
    toyota practices the "don't fix it if it ain't broken" policy.
    'tis probably a reason why toyota cars are so reliable (daw!), and why toyota are relatively bland (daw).

for example, the toyota dome light in its 2014 innova, was already in use way back in the 70s.

my opinion.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 11th, 2018 at 01:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    toyota practices the "don't fix it if it ain't broken" policy.
    'tis probably a reason why toyota cars are so reliable (daw!), and why toyota are relatively bland (daw).

for example, the toyota dome light in its 2014 innova, was already in use way back in the 70s.

my opinion.
    Sir dr. d.

yun po, baka mas mataas pa ang sales ng "Grey-Market" kung ganito pa ang release ng bagong unit..
    (PH local version)

+ the factor yung nemesis competitor (Honda-Accord), lalo kung mag-release sila ng 2.0 turbo.... both AT/MT..
    (Detuned version ng Type R Civic)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Sir dr. d.

yun po, baka mas mataas pa ang sales ng "Grey-Market" kung ganito pa ang release ng bagong unit..
    (PH local version)

+ the factor yung nemesis competitor (Honda-Accord), lalo kung mag-release sila ng 2.0 turbo.... both AT/MT..
    (Detuned version ng Type R Civic)
    i have read this before: "toyota ph knows its market."

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Toyota's finally going to release it in the Philippines. I've been wanting this for over a year but 1 year is too long to wait, so I got something else.

It looks really good. Reminds me of the Lexus ES. Camries have always been crazy durable and I hope this is no exception.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No Camry 3.5 V6 for the PH market.

Although the volume sellers are the 2.5 models (which are mostly chauffeur driven), some owners still prefer to drive and have the extra power of the V6.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    No Camry 3.5 V6 for the PH market.

Although the volume sellers are the 2.5 models (which are mostly chauffeur driven), some owners still prefer to drive and have the extra power of the V6.

Yes you are correct, 4-cylinder models account for more than 80% of sales. V6 models made sense before but not anymore with so much more choices now within and outside of this segment.
    - Segment is shrinking
    - Owners who prefer to drive might have gone to the Mazda 6, Accord
    - Owners upgraded to SUVs or more luxurious cars (Explorer, CX-9, Lexus ES, etc.)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Yes you are correct, 4-cylinder models account for more than 80% of sales. V6 models made sense before but not anymore with so much more choices now within and outside of this segment.
    - Segment is shrinking
    - Owners who prefer to drive might have gone to the Mazda 6, Accord
    - Owners upgraded to SUVs or more luxurious cars (Explorer, CX-9, Lexus ES, etc.)
    I agree, the Mazda 6 and the Accord were more fun to drive than the Camry, although the V6 Camry really delivers a punch,kaya lang it's more of a highway cruiser.

If I'm not mistaken, the last XV50 3.5Qs were acquired thru indent basis only, as they were sourced from Japan, unlike the more common 2006-2011 XV40 3.5, which were sourced from Thailand.

I think the new gen of the Accord will still have a V6 for the local market

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    I agree, the Mazda 6 and the Accord were more fun to drive than the Camry, although the V6 Camry really delivers a punch,kaya lang it's more of a highway cruiser.

If I'm not mistaken, the last XV50 3.5Qs were acquired thru indent basis only, as they were sourced from Japan, unlike the more common 2006-2011 XV40 3.5, which were sourced from Thailand.

I think the new gen of the Accord will still have a V6 for the local market
    If we follow the global model plan of Honda, the top Accord model will have the 2.0L turbo engine while the base model will have the 1.5L turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If we follow the global model plan of Honda, the top Accord model will have the 2.0L turbo engine while the base model will have the 1.5L turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct sir, wala na palang V6, the 2.0L turbo replaced it as the top spec engine for the new generation Accord. Similar to the Type R's K20, but with a milder tune. Then the 1.5L turbo naman like the Civic RS. L series engine

Meron na palang replacement for displacement. Turbo