New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 114 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1453
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    this is old thinking ... like shaking your car when filling up with fuel ... or revving the engine before turning it off ... rust proofing is NOT necessary ... most vehicles have decent rust proofing already from the factory ... better to spend your money on something else ...
    for you not necessary but i do it to all of my cars. Until now i dont have problems with rust. Some car owner pay for additional accessories to their car because they like it and for me i dont mind additional cash out for undercoating 2016 Toyota Innova iam not old for that thinking maybe you 2016 Toyota Innova

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS12 View Post
    for you not necessary but i do it to all of my cars. Until now i dont have problems with rust. Some car owner pay for additional accessories to their car because they like it and for me i dont mind additional cash out for undercoating 2016 Toyota Innova iam not old for that thinking maybe you 2016 Toyota Innova

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Kung parating naka-RORO or malapit sa dagat, kelangan mo ipa undercoat for rust protection kasi kakainin ng salt ang metal.
    May kilala ako na once a week mag-RORO from batangas to mindoro at grabe ang rust sa accent nya kaya naka rustproof buong car nya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have heard of this.
    at the end of the contract, the bank will sell the car to the "buyer" for one peso.
    is lt legal? they should know.

but yes, you should do some very serious numbers-crunching, to see if you're ahead.
    Oo legal naman yun. Why cant they sell it you for P1? Iwas chattel mortgage lang yan e. Kaya good financial engineering and legal engineering by TFS...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hi guys. 7 months na innova g ko and so far all praises ako sa innova natin an sarap dalhin, tama lang ang haba at lapad. Ang di ko lang nagustuhan sa new innova natin ay ang audio speakers nya. Am pangit ng tunog parang lata.

My question is may naka pag upgrade na ba ng speakers dito? Musta naman kaya tunog after upgrades ng speakers? Thanks

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I suspect most, if not all dealerships' "in house financing" isn't in house at all. They simply arrange the loan for you with their partner bank of choice. They tack on several % of interest on top of the bank's rate and then present it as their in house car loan.

I accidentally saw some in house loan documents before. If they were really in house, why were Chinabank and Metrobank in the loan documents?

The report that a lot of these dealerships are heavily financed also supports this theory. I don't think most of them have enough liquid assets to finance the cars themselves.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I suspect most, if not all dealerships' "in house financing" isn't in house at all. They simply arrange the loan for you with their partner bank of choice. They tack on several % of interest on top of the bank's rate and then present it as their in house car loan.

I accidentally saw some in house loan documents before. If they were really in house, why were Chinabank and Metrobank in the loan documents?

The report that a lot of these dealerships are heavily financed also supports this theory. I don't think most of them have enough liquid assets to finance the cars themselves.
    Spot on! Exacto po.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Dealerships still use banks for in-house financing ... even with insurance ... they add on their profit margin and pass it on to the customer ... easy profit ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    All of our vehicles were never rust proofed ... none of them encountered problems with rust even if they were a decade old or more ...

A friend has a fleet of pickups that travel between islands regularly (Luzon to Visayas to Mindanao) ... some every week, others twice a month ... they are used to go to farm areas, muddy areas, rough roads, you name it ... some models are a decade old and have travelled 300T kms ... not one has any rust problems ...

Rust proofing is and was never necessary ... but hey, it's your money ...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

subcontracting, only this time, using their loan facility with banks. :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    is there any difference between the accessories (visor / mudguards) sold by dealerships and say other sellers (via olx / lazada / etc)? SA has been hounding me to get the visor and mudguards from them since according to them, 'iba daw quality'. i know they will charge an arm and a leg for that (almost x2.5 the price outside) but is the quality commensurate or are they just basically the same?