Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Im more worried sa dpf kesa dyan

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Re. the tensioner, from my own experience (at least with our nissans) the tensioners can last longer than 100K. Usually you start to look at it if you experience some clatter (noticeably during cold starts). If you're religious on changing oil, it can last waay longer too.
    on my ex-sentra, i used to replace the tensioner every 100k as a preventive measure.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    on my ex-sentra, i used to replace the tensioner every 100k as a preventive measure.
    Nothing wrong with that really.

On our B13 Sentra 1.4L, the original chain and tensioners are still on (mileage is 135K, car is 22 years old). It has some start up clatter and i may just get around to changing the tensioners.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Patay na. Sa rapide ka nagpacheck?

Let me guess... dami na daw sira ng sasakyan mo no? Hehe

Thats how rapide is... di marunong kung belt or chain driven

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    For safety, replace timing belts early. Our L300 maintenance procedure says that timing belt should be replaced * 100kms.
    Pinacheck ko * 80k+ at konting sikwat lang, naputol!. Better safe than sorry.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    For safety, replace timing belts early. Our L300 maintenance procedure says that timing belt should be replaced * 100kms.
    Pinacheck ko * 80k+ at konting sikwat lang, naputol!. Better safe than sorry.
    Time and distance... usually with the traffic you dont get far but youve used up the mechanic life of for example drive/timing belts life.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    According to SA in Toyota Pasig, and my some of my friends, Timing Chain na raw but according to mechanics from Rapide and some posters here in Tsikot, Timing Belt.

So to the experts here who knows where to look and check it, Belt or Chain?
    I want to ask if my toyota fortuner 2017 model is timing belt or timing chain.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    it has a timing chain...

The serpentine belt you see is the drive belt for the auxillary... compressor, alternator and waterpump.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    it has a timing chain...

The serpentine belt you see is the drive belt for the auxillary... compressor, alternator and waterpump.
    Would it matter if diesel engine or gas engine sa 2nd Gen Fortuner? or both type of engines have timing chain....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RVSR View Post

I want to ask if my toyota fortuner 2017 model is timing belt or timing chain.
    If its the KD (3.0 or 2.5) engine, 2016 and earlier diesel timing belt.

If it is the GD (2.8 or 2.4) engine 2016 to present, timing chain. Same yan for fort, hilux, innova

All VVTi (2.0, 2.7) engine timing chain regardless of year.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast