Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    110 * 5h gear. not normal. dapat 6th na

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hope this can help.
    fortuner-speed-.jpg

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Toyota did not really fix the jerking issue ... the just provided a stop gap solution ... to remove the jerkiness, the somehow retarded the transmission performance ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    From what I know yung best solution is transmission replacement, ginawa ng Toyota sa mga nauna na may issue.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Not guranteed too. My V had the tranny changed with a new one at Toyota Makati, but the problem persisted.
    Also recieved the ECU update but a slight "downshift" still occurs. Complained but the tech guy and his laptop says that's normal already... No such thing as a smooth coasting daw.

Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    From what I know yung best solution is transmission replacement, ginawa ng Toyota sa mga nauna na may issue.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Not guranteed too. My V had the tranny changed with a new one at Toyota Makati, but the problem persisted.
    Also recieved the ECU update but a slight "downshift" still occurs. Complained but the tech guy and his laptop says that's normal already... No such thing as a smooth coasting daw.
    What's that "slight downshift"? As in when you lift of the throttle, the rev climbs a bit before dropping to coasting gear ratio?

If yes, that happens with my Altis and Mazda 3 too, so I'd agree that it's normal.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What's that "slight downshift"? As in when you lift of the throttle, the rev climbs a bit before dropping to coasting gear ratio?

If yes, that happens with my Altis and Mazda 3 too, so I'd agree that it's normal.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Coasting in drive, there is a noticeable engine brake at 60 and 40 kph. I own a old MS and it's smooth coasting to zero...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Has anyone tried driving in S6 rather than D? Does the jerky shifting manifest in this condition?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire View Post
    Has anyone tried driving in S6 rather than D? Does the jerky shifting manifest in this condition?
    Engine breaking/ premature downshifting still occurs in either D6 or S6 while coasting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Meron pa rin po ba shiftshock sa mga nakakuha ng bagong batch ng Fortuner or Hilux 2.4? TIA