New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ akala ko naayos na iyan ng toyota bos. Parang may nabasa ako pinalitan na nga ang tranny ng new fortuner buyers w/o any hassle coming fr the casa

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

They fixed the downshift shock ... and the effect of that reprogramming is the engine braking issue ...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Has any toyota fortuner '16/'17 M/T owner experience any problems with M/T transmissions? I am inclined to purchasing a Fortuner with manual transmission instead of an automatic transmission after reading all the issues on the later. Kindly send me feedback, thanks!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    did you read the recent posts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyet Guerrero View Post
    Has any toyota fortuner '16/'17 M/T owner experience any problems with M/T transmissions? I am inclined to purchasing a Fortuner with manual transmission instead of an automatic transmission after reading all the issues on the later. Kindly send me feedback, thanks!
    So far, mine has no issue with jerking

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    THe issue was confined to the AT models... In Manuals, obviously you control the shifting with the clutch pedal...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by molecules182000 View Post
    So far, mine has no issue with jerking
    "Thanks for your comment. I can't imagine a M/T version would have any downshifting jerks. I must get the manual transmission then even if it's a chore to drive in Manila traffic. Yours must be more fuel efficient too..."

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    are you quoting yourself or someone else?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    THe issue was confined to the AT models... In Manuals, obviously you control the shifting with the clutch pedal...
    "Thanks bro! I understand that would be the case... It's just disheartening to learn that one has to head to the toyota service department to bring back a brand new Fortuner for repairs..." Thanks all!"

9. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    No problem sir!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    "Thanks bro! I understand that would be the case... It's just disheartening to learn that one has to head to the toyota service department to bring back a brand new Fortuner for repairs..." Thanks all!"
    Just dont bring it to Toyota Fairview or make sure that you have a dash cam with its own power supply.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778